Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Trailer Bunks and Gel Coat/Hull Damage

I’ve got a 2019 920 and noticed a month ago the trailer bunks is wearing the hull so I called Phoenix and they said to to look for gravel. I carried to the lake and checked it and went a sprayed the bunks off but it’s continually getting worse. They’re not scratches just looks like the black is being buffed away.
    Anybody else seen or heard of what might be going on? Also, I wet my bunks every time before loading. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Dang, nope never heard of this. I will have to check mine. I assume they will take care of you though. That has been my interaction with them.

3. Member
    Friend of mine has a 2019 920 that’s doing the same thing.

Pictures? I also have a 2019 920 with a black hull. I haven't had mine out yet.
    Last edited by Bartman; 03-18-2019 at 06:45 AM.

5. Member
    I bought my Phoenix in 2014. Love the boat but in my opinion the Marine Master trailer is a piece of crap. I had the front roller completely break apart in a couple of seasons. One of the trailer bunks on my trailer has completely warped and the carpet ripped off. This only after 4 seasons. Unless the change the trailer, I won't buy another Phoenix.

6. Member

Pumpout pump

wrong thread. Sorry
    Last edited by MJL; 03-18-2019 at 11:57 AM.

7. Member
    Following. I have a 2019 20 PHX, also with a black hull. I will need to check mine this week.
    On a different note, yesterday when I got off the water and was wiping the boat down, I noticed some scratches in the splash well. It appears to be from the plastic wiring cover going into the motor. I always tow with my Atlas jack plate all the way down, so these scratches are hidden.
    Has anyone else encountered this issue?

8. Member
    The black hull will turn white when it scratches or gets those carpet rubs. Every boat does that. Just fyi but they do NOT sit great on the bunks straight from the factory. When I put gatorbaks on there was only 2 little spots taking all the weight. I had to shim here or there to equal the load. I think that's why the carpet wear so quick in certain spots

Jherrel, A lot of us have had that issue. It only happens when your outboard is trimmed up during trailering. I used a piece of clear pain protector(vinyl) tape and bought neoprene wire covers with zippers. Linked two of the wire cover together and wrapped it around the plastic shrouding of the cables and wiring. No more issues.
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

10. Member
    Gnute, I spoke with my dealer and he stated that he has had several people call with this issue. I am hoping mine will buff out. I plan on fabricating a sleeve to wrap around the rigging tube out of Sunbrella fabric, it will secure back to itself with hook/loop velcro.

11. Member
    The rigging hose is to long. You can shorten it a little and it wont do it anymore

12. Member
    I am out of town but will send pics when I get back Thursday. Also, I have had boats with black bulls before but never had one rub almost white with in 3 months of being brand new.

13. Member
    My Skeeter had a black hull and it did it. Black just shows scratches more than anything else. My thought is it could be a couple of things. The carpet material the bunks are made of is a corse fiber or dirt particles from the water works into the carpet and causes it to be abrasive.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

14. Member
    Can someone explain how to post a picture?

15. Member
    Gator backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Basswhippa View Post
    Gator backs.
    If you posting from a PC, Go to the advance reply and the click the attach button (looks like a paper clip). Find the picture file on PC and upload it. If the file size is to big open it in PAINT and reduce size by 50% and re-upload... If your posting from an Iphone, I have no clue... Or you can email it to me @ sprint42@aol.com

17. Member
    Have a 2014 that does same thing. My hull bottom is gray but driver side bunk is leaving a mark on hull. Have checked for gravel, dirt or anything on carpet, it is clean. Looks like you took sandpaper the width of bunk to it, about 2 ft long.

18. Member
    Buy a better boat.

Hand Laid Hull. You can thank me later

19. Member
    Unfortunately I feel like this is simply a Phoenix issue. Very thin gel coat that is very fragile.

20. Member
    Billy don won,

Your kidding right? Every boat gets carpet rash from loading and black hulls show it more than white. Grow up....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast