Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Looks like a trailer problem and a board problem.
    this ^^
    721 ​ProXp

2. Member
    IMG_1069.jpgIMG_1070.jpg

I've got a '19 721 that I picked up in November that has the same issue.

3. Member
    Looks like those boats are only hitting the edge of the boards

4. Member
    I will keep you posted on what happens. In saying that, I called a friend of mine who picked his up the day after I got mine and told him to check his and it is the same as mine, so there is definitely an issue somewhere.

When I took the carpet off my bunks for gatorbaks on my 920 you could see that only a small part of the boards actually touch the hull and they are nowhere close to even weight distribution. I could see light between the bunks and the boat... and I could fit a piece of cardboard between most of the bunk and hull. It was basically only the last foot of the side bunk boards that even touched the boat and the center 4 feet of the middle boards didn’t make contact with the hull. So there is 100% trailer fitment issues which certainly doesn’t help with premature wear. Even with the gatorbaks you will see wear issues over time.

6. Member
    Wow I have a 15 with black Hull not a mark on it put gaterbacks on at a year old replaced bow roller fixed ground wire other than that no problems with the trailer

7. Member
    Those are some ugly pictures and I have had my share of both loading and unloading with my 618. One thing I learned about the bunk carpet is that it should be put on with the napp allowing the boat to load easy and then hold the boat to prevent it from sliding back away from the roller but even if it was installed wrong I don’t think it would cause that.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aj306 View Post
    Those are some ugly pictures and I have had my share of both loading and unloading with my 618. One thing I learned about the bunk carpet is that it should be put on with the napp allowing the boat to load easy and then hold the boat to prevent it from sliding back away from the roller but even if it was installed wrong I don’t think it would cause that.
    Any suggestions?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlongiv View Post
    I will keep you posted on what happens. In saying that, I called a friend of mine who picked his up the day after I got mine and told him to check his and it is the same as mine, so there is definitely an issue somewhere.
    I can tell you, just like blubird920, if you were to take that carpet off you would see that the trailers dont fit the boat that great in spots. I had to shim mine so that it sits on all the bunks. I would bet anything that's what's causing these issues. Really wish phoenix would make their own trailers or get a better company to build them. Or atleast get marine master to do a better job for fitment. Other than that the trailer is all good and pulls and loads great

10. Member
    I'd almost bet you this is why BCB puts two layers of carpet on their runners.

11. Member
    I’d almost bet you this is why BCB builds their own trailers.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aj306 View Post
    Or said another way, don't power load excessively??? I would agree if this is what you mean but it also implies the boat does not come in under the roller. For my first 18 months, I was using more power to load then my prior ranger trail. This was fixed by a shim kit in the front. I've had the problem 1 time since then and it was on a steeper ramp.

While pictures in black look bad, my hull might not be so different;;; just dark grey hull more forgiving on scratches
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Quote Originally Posted by grazingrhino View Post
    IMG_1069.jpgIMG_1070.jpg

this is how my hull looks on my 16 721. I couldn’t care less about it honestly. But I see how upsetting it can be.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

14. Member
    mine likely the same, just on a grey hull. If these were white, we would not be having this conversation most likely
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    Posting pics for OP....
    Attachment 357757Attachment 357758

That makes me cringe. I'll be keeping a close eye on mine!!
    You got a screw sticking out

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    this is how my hull looks on my 16 721. I couldn’t care less about it honestly. But I see how upsetting it can be.
    The trailer bunks look to be to narrow, it needs more surface to ride on. Just a quess

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    You got a screw sticking out
    Well... I have searched all over for it and so has a dozen other people and we’ve found nothing.

I can't say that I've ever seen a black hulled boat that didn't have these marks? I had them on my Skeeter for sure and have always understood this to be the case with any black hulled boat. The further you keep you trailer out of the water and more force you use to power load the worse they will be I would think. Fishing a lot of dirty water probably won't help as the bunks will trap silt and act like sand paper. Like Haus said though it doesn't really bother me. I suppose if I ever got really offended by this I could rub some black shoe polish on it to darken it back up or just wet sand and buff them out.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

19. Member
    This is not a boat issue. All bunk fitment and size issues. It looks like the boat is not sitting flush on the bunk boards.
    The boards could also benefit by moving to 2x6 rather than the 2x4's. (at least it what appears to be installed). Spread the load over a greater area.
    Since like a BCB, Phoenix are power loaded, make sure and soak the bunks well. I back mine in till all the bunks are wet, than pull up.
    Overall, most black gel coated hulls will show some abrasion from power loading, but those pics show a different problem.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

20. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grazingrhino View Post
    IMG_1069.jpgIMG_1070.jpg

yep it is poor trailers. My 2018 920 black bottom looks just like it. The trailers suck
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast