Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I've ran non phoenix boats with black hull the last 4 boats and never had this issue.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    The black hull will turn white when it scratches or gets those carpet rubs. Every boat does that. Just fyi but they do NOT sit great on the bunks straight from the factory. When I put gatorbaks on there was only 2 little spots taking all the weight. I had to shim here or there to equal the load. I think that's why the carpet wear so quick in certain spots
    I want to echo this. my trailer originally had me coming in under nose. I fixed that at month 18 and put on gatorbacks only to learn I had to twist bunks to get new boards on my boat then the boat sit only on three bunks. Through small tweaks it fits firmly on 4 bunks now. I see small scratches on my grey bottom and I could blame it on gatorbaks but I feel the issues were already present. That said, they are minor scratches in a place no one but me can see. Great boat, I won't let a little trailer issue make me negative.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassJP View Post
    Billy don won,

Your kidding right? Every boat gets carpet rash from loading and black hulls show it more than white. Grow up....

Nope not kidding. Sorry to ruin your day but it’s true. Still love my Phoenix but this is a very real issue on the Phoenix boats. And feel free to come visit me and I can show you a black hull from diff manufacture right beside mine and you can see for yourself. Mine only has 18hrs on it also. Never said others don’t do it. Don’t put words in my mouth. From my assessment, Phoenix is worse at this than others. Have a good day.

4. Member
    Is it a boat issue or a trailer issue. Marine Master seems to have serious quality control issues. When you spend this much on a top tier boat you shouldn’t have to shim bunks to get your boat to sit properly on the trailer. If they can’t build it right using a jig it just means the person doing it doesn’t give a chit. I love my boat and hope my next one is a Phoenix, but I will never own another Marine Master trailer even if that means I have to buy a Cat. Hopefully Phoenix will start building their own trailers by then and it won’t be an issue.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

Agree, the trailers are pure junk

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BluBird920 View Post
    Agree, the trailers are pure junk
    I have an 18 920 and so far love it but always worried coming out of a basscat who have the best trailers to a substandard trailer
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Member
    No issues with my trailer.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

Hopefully Phoenix is looking into producing their own trailers in the near future...with aluminum as an option!

9. Member
    while I will state quality of craftmanship with my trailer has been an issue, it tows great. I have a single axle and they will stay going down hills if they don't track well. The one under my 618 is the best I've towed. the fitment issues I fixed were related to loading.
    2024 Phoenix 818

I went from a Skeeter to Phoenix - can't speak to longevity but I love how the marine master trailers and how low it sits. I got mine with the shock upgrade.

As far as the black hull and the bunks scratching them - if you look at any bassboat with a black hull and carpeted bunks you will see wear from loading. If this is something you want to avoid the only way I imagine you could do that would be to use gatorbacks. If you tend to err on the side of keeping your trailer out of the water further and using more motor when power loading that will make them longer/worse.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

11. Member
    Update: Spoke to dealer and showed him
    pics and he almost passed out. Should have a plan in place this week to get it straightened out. I saying that, I’ve spoke to Phoenix several times and they’re all about getting it fixed so they’ve been helping and are wanting to get it right.
    I will post pics tomorrow.

Following

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlongiv View Post
    Update: Spoke to dealer and showed him
    pics and he almost passed out. Should have a plan in place this week to get it straightened out. I saying that, I’ve spoke to Phoenix several times and they’re all about getting it fixed so they’ve been helping and are wanting to get it right.
    I will post pics tomorrow.
    Post some pics up here if you can.

14. Member
    gator baks I think its just nature of the beast after having 4 black hull boats that all did the same thing I went to grey its better but you can still see the marks I believe its from power loading just my 2 cents.

15. Member
    will be interesting to see pictures. could be what he is describing is far worse then what we are expecting in our minds based on our boats
    2024 Phoenix 818

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    will be interesting to see pictures. could be what he is describing is far worse then what we are expecting in our minds based on our boats
    That's what I'm thinking as well. If the dealer thought it was that bad he could have a problem we arent thinking about

Posting pics for OP....
    thumbnail.jpgthumbnail2.jpg

That makes me cringe. I'll be keeping a close eye on mine!!

18. Member
    Thanks for posting those for me!

Wow

20. Member
    Looks like a trailer problem and a board problem. It doesnt look like those boards were routered on the edge to match the curve of the hull.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast