Exclamation Keeping poles down

Does keeping your power poles down, for say docking an extended period of time, continue to drain your battery?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    any time your pumps are left on without a battery discconect switch they have some sort of amp draw so yes. Even when they go into hibernation mode they still have a slight 20 miliamp amp draw, minimal however still a draw.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 03-18-2019 at 10:54 AM.

3. Member
    So just out of curiosity, if I put both poles down and then switch the battery off what would happen?

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    your poles will stay down. However I suggest putting at least min of 2 docklines on the boat in extended docking situations due to fluctuating water levels. extreme waves etc

5. BBC SPONSOR
    The amp draw while anchored or stowed is less than 20 milliamps. The main amperage draw is only while the pump is cycling the anchor up or down.

6. Member
    I asked this same question about two weeks ago. From what I could tell it didn't hurt anything. I also used them to dock my boat overnight two nights in a row with two dock lines to supplement. Also fished both days and batteries were all still good. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by stx.dead.I View Post
    I asked this same question about two weeks ago. From what I could tell it didn't hurt anything. I also used them to dock my boat overnight two nights in a row with two dock lines to supplement. Also fished both days and batteries were all still good. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again
    few days sure, months at a time no . guess the OP needed to clarify what "extended periods of time " actually means.