Thread: New Vexus DX

New Vexus DX

Well, I just got back spending a day in and around the new models. The posts I'm reading seem very focused on how the new VX series looks. Eye of the beholder and whatever expectations people hold on what a bass boat should look like. It is a beautiful boat that takes us outside our expectations since we have all had our favorite looks over the years. Looks often determine function to a great degree. When you start with function and build outward and include new innovation, the look will be a bit different. In going through these boats multiple times, there was not one detail I did not like...some don't like the handrails and I get that. However, there is currently not a boat on the market with the engineering expertise and years of combined experience in the market. The hull is convex and not concave and the V is all the way to the nose. The ride, talking to several at the Classic who have driven them for several weeks, is beyond what is available. They engineered the bow so the deck is wider up front which required what some are referring to as the "space ship" look. I did not see one detail they overlooked for function. No need for brackets for Power Poles or Talons since they created the ability to mount right to the hull. I like the looks, some others won't. I don't know of anyone who spends time with the DX series who won't be blown away by all the innovation and function.

2. Member
    Well said! I totally agree with you. Kinda of surprised at some of the comments I'm seeing.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

3. Member
    Well said Chuck! I’m looking forward to the day I can see one up close. The guys that built these boats know how to build a fishing boat.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Very well said Chuck.

When someone does something completely different, sometimes it takes time to see the merit in the idea and reasoning behind it. No one boat is ever going to please everyone, but I know the craftsmanship and customer service on these boats will be 2nd to NONE! The looks will grow on everyone over time, they always do.

Having seen them up close and seen some of the detail that went into these is amazing! I can't wait to get my new VX20, oh wait not sure that parts going to happen soon, but I have a feeling I will be running one in 2020! :)

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerEarl View Post
    Very well said Chuck.

When someone does something completely different, sometimes it takes time to see the merit in the idea and reasoning behind it. No one boat is ever going to please everyone, but I know the craftsmanship and customer service on these boats will be 2nd to NONE! The looks will grow on everyone over time, they always do.

Having seen them up close and seen some of the detail that went into these is amazing! I can't wait to get my new VX20, oh wait not sure that parts going to happen soon, but I have a feeling I will be running one in 2020! :)
    Earl
    got one sitting on the showroom floor, at least until friday,
    feel free to stop by, we can climb all over it.

54353472_10214169954062447_3439711897161564160_o.jpg
    Last edited by sclark; 03-20-2019 at 03:08 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Earl

you should start a Vexus boat page tab on here showing finished boats as you build them showing different boat colors ordered

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Earl

I slobbered on the one at the Classic enough! Now I am ready to get on the water with one and really test it out. I think they turned out great!

8. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    i spent most of Friday and Saturday at the classic wiping drool off the boats
    didn't realize any of that was yours

9. Member
    Totally agree with you Chuck. I was at the unveiling at the classic. My friend is looking closely at the boats and spent a good deal of time talking to one of the Vexus crew there. A lot of what I heard was implied that the group that left Ranger knew there was newer ways of building boats better but Ranger was not going to make the changes necessary. According to him Ranger would have to build an entire new plant to manufacture boats with the processes Vexus does. In essence, the Vexus is what a Ranger would have been if they had updated their equipment. I for one like the expanded front end. I'm 67 and no longer bend and balance like I did 30 yrs. ago. I need a seat or a pedestal and with rods on the deck, trolling motor pedal and fishfinders I don't have a lot of room to get around in my 519VS. Storage is very well thought out. Don't think I'll need a pressurized live well but someone does. I feel this is going to be the new standard in bass boats.