"CLASSIC" Experience

I made the trip to Knoxville on Friday, and spent two days there like a kid in a candy store. All the hype about PHOENIX and their employees is definitely not over exaggerated. I got to meet Gary and Tim along with several others, talking with each on Saturday as they took time out of what was a hectic schedule. These guys are representatives of what is by far the best brand in the industry.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I've been to a couple Classic myself and they are awesome.....now that was the first time i got to see a Phoenix boat in person and after that, i've always said if i can afford one that will be the boat i get.....and its been 4 yrs i have mine..........

My only problem with Phoenix boats, i cant seem to find enough to get into mine......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I talked to 2 detailers that said they buffed those boats at Phoenix. Pretty cool to see them, Phoenix makes a GREAT boat!
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

4. Member
    I was there as well with my son. First time meeting Tim in person. Spent about an hour with him on Friday. Great Guy!! Seeing all of the new boats makes me want a new one!!

5. Member
    What did you think about the new Vexxus Bass Boats???

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    I made the trip to Knoxville on Friday, and spent two days there like a kid in a candy store. All the hype about PHOENIX and their employees is definitely not over exaggerated. I got to meet Gary and Tim along with several others, talking with each on Saturday as they took time out of what was a hectic schedule. These guys are representatives of what is by far the best brand in the industry.
    Man Coke I was there also. Just like you said, A+ to the whole gang at Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by DiawaKid View Post
    Not at all what I was expecting for the glass boats, and was not impressed at all. That little hook area toward the front of the top cap is going to catch a few dock poles. The tin boats were sharp and very impressive if that was the direction you wanted to go. But both glass and tin, carry a big price tag.

8. Member
    Glad I purchased a Phoenix.
    2019 Phoenix 819 ProXP
    200 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Redtom View Post
    Man Coke I was there also. Just like you said, A+ to the whole gang at Phoenix
    Just think back to 2011 .... yours was the first Phoenix I had ever been in, and that was after I had already ordered mine.

10. Member
    if I built boats id pay top dollar to poach Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Just think back to 2011 .... yours was the first Phoenix I had ever been in, and that was after I had already ordered mine.

And you were so kind to let me catch a fish out of my boat,

Coke and Tom, y'all are part of the early gang in Birds. Along with a few others, we were the original 618 mafia!

Phoenix had the hype back in '09, and still do. These boats have caused a lot of eating crow over the last 10 years! Good to see y'allz posts!

[QUOTE=Ray Co. Hank;10151902]

Coke and Tom, y'all are part of the early gang in Birds. Along with a few others, we were the original 618 mafia!

Phoenix had the hype back in '09, and still do. These boats have caused a lot of eating crow over the last 10 years! Good to see y'allz posts!

No problem Hank, always check in here on the board looking for old friends. IMO when you have the best, the other's will never rest.

14. Member
    Not a fan myself. People were exited though. A lot of people there that I spoke with had the same feeling I did. Looks like bits and pieces of other manufactures. I definitely heard a lot about the seats and live wells. I'll stick with my ride!

The vex definitely has a love or hate type look imo! Deep hull will probably ride well and looks like the point and shoot type. I bet she won't turn and burn like a Bird! Who knows for sure until they get out there some. I personally don't have an interest in one but I'm sure it'll develope it's own fan base. Competition is a good thing for all consumers.

Go team Phoenix!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Co. Hank View Post
    The vex definitely has a love or hate type look imo! Deep hull will probably ride well and looks like the point and shoot type. I bet she won't turn and burn like a Bird! Who knows for sure until they get out there some. I personally don't have an interest in one but I'm sure it'll develope it's own fan base. Competition is a good thing for all consumers.

Go team Phoenix!

well said ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Co. Hank View Post

Hank, it's always good to check in and see what's happening around here. I still love my bird and would do it all over again without hesitation. One thing I never get tired of is people wanting to check out my ride, most times I'm at the ramp someone will want to take a look. Still not many around here, but seeing a few more showing up all the time.