Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The cables I have run from the charger to the batteries. This was from a Dual Pro 4 bank. There are only two wires that go to the batteries, red + (positive) & black - (negative) that I know of. The red positive has a fuse on it. The only 3 wires I have seen are the wires that go to the 120V plug in. Seems to me you could just replace (repair) the green wire. After all, it's just a wire, but I don't know about the heat sensor part. You're welcome to the cables I have. I don't believe your charger will know they are from a Dual Pro and not a MK.

The only thing I could see that may be a sensor is the square part that says dual pro on it. That's just a guess, I really don't know. Again, as for the green wire, no there isn't one on the wires I have.

3. Member
    Ok so I just went through this same thing about a month ago with my 315D. Except like an idiot I purposely cut open the little black sealed piece on the wires to find out what was in there destroying the NTC thermister. I refused to believe that this part I destroyed was some magical piece that only Minn Kota had. So with the other cords I cut leading to the batteries I tested the resistance at 77 degrees Fahrenheit/25 degrees Celsius which I guess is the temp that thermisters are calibrated at and found the closest NTC thermister on Mouser which was 250K NTC thermister https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/803-254JG1J. I soldered this between the Green wire and Red wire ( the white wire coming out of the splitter is the red wire ) and used adhesive heat shrink over the solder connection to seal it and installed new fuse holders and new battery terminal connectors and fired it up and it worked. Sorry I made a long story out of that but I didnt want you to think I Just made up a number and that you should test the resistance between your existing green and red wires on the working cables to make sure yours is the same as mine was. but as cheap as thermisters are you could just give it a shot.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim95 View Post
    Ok so I just went through this same thing about a month ago with my 315D. Except like an idiot I purposely cut open the little black sealed piece on the wires to find out what was in there destroying the NTC thermister. I refused to believe that this part I destroyed was some magical piece that only Minn Kota had. So with the other cords I cut leading to the batteries I tested the resistance at 77 degrees Fahrenheit/25 degrees Celsius which I guess is the temp that thermisters are calibrated at and found the closest NTC thermister on Mouser which was 250K NTC thermister https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/803-254JG1J. I soldered this between the Green wire and Red wire ( the white wire coming out of the splitter is the red wire ) and used adhesive heat shrink over the solder connection to seal it and installed new fuse holders and new battery terminal connectors and fired it up and it worked. Sorry I made a long story out of that but I didnt want you to think I Just made up a number and that you should test the resistance between your existing green and red wires on the working cables to make sure yours is the same as mine was. but as cheap as thermisters are you could just give it a shot.
    Thanks for the information! I cut mine open as well :) The NTC Thermistor on mine had "204" printed on it. After some digging, I believe this translates to 200k ohms, which your results support. I've ordered some already and will report back my results when they arrive and I can test them.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    The only thing I could see that may be a sensor is the square part that says dual pro on it. That's just a guess, I really don't know. Again, as for the green wire, no there isn't one on the wires I have.
    I appreciate the help, but I don't think it's going to work if the DP only had two wires running back to the charger.3

6. Member
    Update: 200k ohm 10% NTC Thermistors successfully repaired the damaged cord.

These are the ones I purchased: https://www.unicornelex.com/NTE_02_N..._p/10-0218.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12