flouro for pitching or flipping ?

read an article about just that and was wondering if anyone does it. Would make retying for different applications easier also. I know for very thick cover to stick with the braid.Also, to cut back on the clutter on deck does anyone use a snap anymore ? I haven't in years but guess I'm old and just trying to simplify things .

2. Member
    I will use Fluro when pitching to loose cover (especially in spawning situations), and sometimes when fishing Kissimmee grass. I use 16 to 22 lb. test Sunline Shooter, and weights from 1/4 oz. to 3/4 oz. There are definitely times when it matters.

I use 20lb Berkley 100% fluorocarbon for about 90% of my pitching. Even though I’m in Ontario, I can tell you our laydowns are just as tough as southern trees, and we get some awfully weedy lakes here too, and I’ve never had issues with line breakage or fish loss. It’s pretty tough stuff, and I’m not sure if it makes much difference for fish seeing it, but our water is usually gin clear so anything helps I guess.
    Triton Tr17, Yamaha 130
    Lund Pro V 1900, Optimax 200
    Smokercraft Pro Mag 182, Suzuki DF140
    Helix 9si, 10si mega
    Minnkota Talon, Terrova

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin Fisher View Post
    I use 20lb Berkley 100% fluorocarbon for about 90% of my pitching. Even though I’m in Ontario, I can tell you our laydowns are just as tough as southern trees, and we get some awfully weedy lakes here too, and I’ve never had issues with line breakage or fish loss. It’s pretty tough stuff, and I’m not sure if it makes much difference for fish seeing it, but our water is usually gin clear so anything helps I guess.
    The difference for us is we do not have 7-10 pounders on the other end.

5. Member
    I use #20 fluorocarbon for flipping 3/4 oz weights or less with a palomar or uni knot, heavier stuff I go with braid and a snell. I just don't like snelling fluorocarbon and flipping in heavy stuff with a bigger weight and feel that I have a better probability of hooking fish with the snell, especially if they are not biting it on the initial fall and you have to dangle it just under the mat. Its all about personal preference and what feels most comfortable.