Thread: no alarm

no alarm

2b090964

Engine would not come up to temp yesterday afternoon, so a idle back to the ramp was required. Should my smartcraft have sounded a alarm after about 5 minutes of not reaching the required temp? Temps stayed in the 80 to 100 degree range the trip back to the ramp. Stats will be pulled this morning and checked.

2. Member
    It would have alarmed if you ran it longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    It would have alarmed if you ran it longer.
    It was about a 10 to 15 minute idle back to the ramp, I was just surprised I didn’t receive a alarm during that time. Stats were pulled this morning with no visible debrie, confirmed 130 degree operation and reinstalled. Motor was back flushed and then ran on muffs,watched as it went thru 2 cycles on the smartcraft, temp to 130 or slightly higher, then down to 118. Off to lake, where initial temps were stable, then very erratic, then stable again the rest of the trip, anything else to do other then moniter smartcraft temps?

4. Member
    What's your idle water pressure? How old or how many hours since water pump last serviced?
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josie201 View Post
    It was about a 10 to 15 minute idle back to the ramp, I was just surprised I didn’t receive a alarm during that time. Stats were pulled this morning with no visible debrie, confirmed 130 degree operation and reinstalled. Motor was back flushed and then ran on muffs,watched as it went thru 2 cycles on the smartcraft, temp to 130 or slightly higher, then down to 118. Off to lake, where initial temps were stable, then very erratic, then stable again the rest of the trip, anything else to do other then moniter smartcraft temps?
    If you touch the throttle ONE time even slightly, you over-ride the strategy for Thermostat Fault.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    What's your idle water pressure? How old or how many hours since water pump last serviced?
    3.5 psi, less then 3 hrs on a impeller change

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    If you touch the throttle ONE time even slightly, you over-ride the strategy for Thermostat Fault.
    Does that mean it won’t alarm if throttle is touched while montering temps

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes sir. Thermostat fault strategy requires the engine remain AT IDLE and that it fails to come up to temp within 5 minutes (some calibrations may require 8 minutes).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor