In Hull Transducer Install

Purchased and installed a XP-14-20-T (710248-1) in hull for my onix. Also purchased a AS 14 SI DBY sonar splitter cable for Onix units p/n 720083-1, Now here is the problem, the transducer end is not the same as the splitter end. Do I need another adapter? Its an Onix 10 si. Trying to run both in hull (hi speed)and the si transducers. I have already epoxied the in hull transducer.

The AS 14 SIDB Y cable was discontinued and replaced by the 14 M SIDB Y cable.
    Both would have the same plugs though (male plug to display and two female plugs for the transducers). The 14 in the model names stands for the 14 pin plug so they should match.

What you won't get with the Y cable and 2D transducer is temperature, that would come from the SI transducer. You could have gotten the XP 14 20 and saved $10.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thank you Wayne. Now the question is that the transducer plug is smaller than the actual onix plug. Will the new cable you mention fit up with the smaller transducer plug?

Quote Originally Posted by peter13 View Post
    Thank you Wayne. Now the question is that the transducer plug is smaller than the actual onix plug. Will the new cable you mention fit up with the smaller transducer plug?
    There is no difference in the plugs that I know of. Post a picture of the transducer plug and Y cable plug you have.

I have the ONIX SI transducer, the SOLIX SI transducer, SOLIX MEGA DI transducer, and 14 M SIDY Y cable, an ONIX and a SOLIX. The transducer plugs and unit receptacles are the same. I have used the SOLIX DI transducer on the 2D side of the Y cable for 2D to have Dual Spectrum CHIRP.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL