Dual pro charger question .

Good morning all! Getting ready for my first outing of the year! Plugged charger in last night and all seemed well. I have 5- 12volt lithium’s in 60 volt series. Charger is programmed for this setup. Worked flawlessly last year. Charger seems to stop when readout is 90 percent. Not going to Finishing stage. Has anyone experienced this? No fault code showing. Checked total voltage-before 65.5 after 71.1 Normally it reads between 71-74 volts. I’m hoping it will be fine after I run batteries down and recharge. The last time I charged was my last trip out. 12/29/18. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Member
    I do not know about your set up,But my son has a Tesla car and it recomends that the cells not be charged above 90% on a regular basis due to reduced battery life. Maybe the charger is smarter then you

3. Member
    What Woody relates is good info,but call duel pro and see what they say. It might be it won't start a charge sequence till it drops below a set voltage. Bob

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I would talk to your battery manufacturer. What the charger does and what it thinks is going on with the batteries is largely determined by the BMS. Displaying charge state is a "problem" with lithium batteries because the discharge curve is so flat. Before you contact them, I'd get individual battery voltages. They will tell you much more than the overall string voltage.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    Thanks guys! I had dual pro reprogram the charger for my set up. I fished last year at least 60 days and the charger always finished the charge. I thought maybe it was a balance issue but the pre charge voltage was consistent with all previous cycles. I’m charging now to fish tomorrow afternoon and hopefully it was just a glitch.

6. Member
    Charger worked fine last night! I will check each battery though, to make sure each one is charged equally