Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tk_duluthbass View Post
    Anyone else think it’s unfair that Poche can give info to DeFoe when he didn’t make the cut? Poche is technically out of the tournament so I do t think he should be able to give away info to anyone in the tournamant. DeFoe has won an elite event with info from Swindle on the water which I didn’t like either, but at least they were both fishing when the info was exchanged.
    I agree that this shouldn’t be allowed. And yes, second time he’s done it.

2. Member
    So much for the weather forecast, there is supposed to be a southerly wind right now. Nothing. This is hurting the bite.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m really pulling for Ott, he had a bad second day but he’s culling already so good for him. This is gonna be really tight!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    I just tuned in and the announcers spent about 10 minutes trying to explain why there are so few spectators on the water especially not following Ott around since he's a local. They went down the road of everyone is at the expo all the way to the live stream being so good that people don't need to be out there.
    I don't know why, but it was interesting.

5. Member
    Anyone else think it’s unfair that Poche can give info to DeFoe when he didn’t make the cut? Poche is technically out of the tournament so I do t think he should be able to give away info to anyone in the tournamant. DeFoe has won an elite event with info from Swindle on the water which I didn’t like either, but at least they were both fishing when the info was exchanged.
    IMO if there isnt a rule against passing the info its fair. Now there could be an argument that there needs to be a rule against it but I feel like thats a different deal all together.

6. Banned
    I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I think Davey mentioned that if the spot was so good how come Poche is working the xpo today.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I think Davey mentioned that if the spot was so good how come Poche is working the xpo today.

Because he got on them yesterday and also lost a few big bites in that area (marina) yesterday.

Mr. Hite apparently missed Poche saying on stage at weigh in that he lost some really nice fish due to poor execution both days on that spot as well.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Mr. Hite apparently missed Poche saying on stage at weigh in that he lost some really nice fish due to poor execution both days on that spot as well.
    Gotcha
    How do you feel about the info sharing? Should there be a rule?

Gotcha
    How do you feel about the info sharing? Should there be a rule?

I have no issue with it between competitors in same event. Many share info before and during the event anyway. To me its a non issue but I fully understand and respect the arguments against it.

11. huskyjerk
    I'd bet it happens a lot more than we know...usually we don't hear about it.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I have no issue with it between competitors in same event. Many share info before and during the event anyway. To me its a non issue but I fully understand and respect the arguments against it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyjerk View Post
    I'd bet it happens a lot more than we know...usually we don't hear about it.
    I agree... nothing but a little bs-ing at the weigh in. Ott still had to catch em.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady bass View Post
    I agree... nothing but a little bs-ing at the weigh in. Ott still had to catch em.

And with fisherman who knows if there actually telling you the whole truth. Its still a gamble!

15. Member
    Why are they focusing on Zaldain so much? Just because he didn’t leave for BPT? Dude has 1 dink in the well.

16. Member
    Damn hate to say it, but it looks like ott is gonna win his third bass event on home waters in less than two years. Congrats to him, no doubt he’s worked for it, but they gotta start going to other parts of he country more. Ike wins at the Delaware, feider wins at Mille lacs, myers at winyah, lane at toho, just to name a few homefield wins over the past few years. Just seems like if you want to draw a wider array of people interested you have to move around the location more.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBass21 View Post
    Why are they focusing on Zaldain so much? Just because he didn’t leave for BPT? Dude has 1 dink in the well.
    Absolutely this, but also because he’s got the biggest single day bag of the whole tourny yesterday and he’s doing he same thing today, he prolly has the best odds at a giant In he final half hour of anyone, especially since mdj put down the trap

18. huskyjerk
    Quote Originally Posted by samleary View Post
    Damn hate to say it, but it looks like ott is gonna win his third bass event on home waters in less than two years. Congrats to him, no doubt he’s worked for it, but they gotta start going to other parts of he country more. Ike wins at the Delaware, feider wins at Mille lacs, myers at winyah, lane at toho, just to name a few homefield wins over the past few years. Just seems like if you want to draw a wider array of people interested you have to move around the location more.
    I would like to see a northern classic. Time for a change.

19. Member
    I’m from the north so I would too, but I have to admit, the west not being in play the last bunch of years it real tough on the west coast guys. It would be great to have it at more neutral locations as well

Quote Originally Posted by samleary View Post
    Home field advantage is a plus for sure, not a guaranteed victory, but it sure helps. Can't think of any way around it, everywhere you go there's going to be a local or three.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast