Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Final Day 2019 Bass Master Classic

Weather : https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/...calwx_modtoday

Water Conditions: https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/...calwx_modtoday

Day 2 proved to be a little more what we expected. I look for things to happen the same, if not even better, today. Two things I see that are in play. It is 5 degrees cooler here at the house this morning. Secondly, and this is big, the winds shift from N to WSW today at noon. This could be a final four buzzer beater. The name of the game today is be in contention this morning and then be in a place this afternoon where you can take advantage of the wind shift.

I may be wrong but it appears this battle has now come down to the top 6.

Strader: watch out. I think he is fishing waters I suspected there would have been more activity in day 1/2. The good news for him is it large enough that if he continues to have it himself, he can fish it all day and there is monster fish that can be caught in the area. He has proved before that once he “dials in” he can whack them.

Ike: Will be interesting to see if he can go back to his spot and duplicate yesterday. If I am a betting man, I would not bet on this. He hit some other areas very similar to his first yesterday before making the run to lower Loudon. I suspect he does the same today but, as mentioned yesterday, Loudon is finicky tough.

Ott: kinda of shocked at yesterday. Not that he struggled in the same holes but that he seemed to bail on that pattern. There is plenty of those spots from mid-lake up and he has yet to pull the trigger on them. Does he do it today? I think he will. I think he will get more aggressive and move around more. This is swing-hard or go home time. This maybe his last so he is bringing out the big sticks today.

Zaldain: HE is set and ready. He is running and gunning and this, like for all in the top 3, seperates them. They are depending on spots but are more relient on a pattern (if that makes sense). He has found a bait and conditions he likes. Conditions should not hurt him today so I look for another big day from him.

Wheeler/Daniels: I could have put Zaldain in this group as well. These two are grinders.....put your trolling motor down and start fishing which is perfect right now. I think they will be able to use some of the water they fished yesterday but will have no problem in bailing and going to new water. Both should do well again today. I would give a slight edge here to Wheeler simply because of his knoweldge of the TVA waters.

I really think it’s going to be a GREAT day! I may run down and watch Pirch this morning. I can’t believe what he is doing. One thing this tournament has taught me is to SLOW down and fish the heck out of spots you know there are fish. These guys are really good. They have disected this lake well.

I am curious for those watching, what have you guys picked up on? What are you going to try this year based on what you have been watching? I spent some of yesterday, like you guys, re-orgainizing the boat....transitioning form winter to spring. I am ready to go!!

Hopefully it will be a great season for all!!

For those who have made the trip to K-Town, I hope you have enjoyed yourselves. Safe travels home.....

ONe last thing.....GO BIG ORANGE (you knew I had to get that in there)!!!
    Last edited by Big Orange Basser; 03-17-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Great breakdown of your thoughts Its going to be an exciting day for sure !

Debra

3. Member
    I think Zaldain is is going to do the heavy lifting this afternoon! He is fishing for 5 of the right bites and its working and he is not in a hurry to get them. He just knows they will come. Would like to see the home town hero (OTT) take it but think spectator pressure is affecting him.

5. Member
    Ott's first stop is on a good big fish spot. Community hole.

Exactly what I expected. More to come....

Great post, enjoyed your observations and commentary. Biggest thing I have picked up on is the hate for a person simply because of his headwear.

7. Banned
    Hopefully it’s a slugfest.

Go Wheeler!
    USMC Vet!

9. Member
    LOL Wheeler stretching that fish out. I like him hope he wins.

Slow start.

The Classic is still the Best

12. Member
    Ott already bailed and moved to another hole near the dam....Wheeler chunking and winding!!

13. Banned
    Well Zona and Zaldain just explained it, no action with magdraft unless reeling against current. Guess Zaldain can’t make them run either .

14. huskyjerk
    I love that there are 5 or more who could win it! I'm gonna be glued to the screen today. I really feel like Wheeler will win it. He is just so good, such a closer. But his buddy MDJ is on quality as well. Then there's Ike who obviously could do it. And Zaldain with that swimbait could bust a huge bag to win it. And then the locals Ott and Strader with their sneaky spots they may have saved.

15. Member
    I’d like to see most of the top 10 win, but I have a feeling this is zaldains to win. He basically wasted his first day doing something different and got basically 22 pounds yesterday and seemed comically relaxed. Plus he’s doing it on a swimbait, which is in his wheelhouse.

16. Member
    am thinking that Iaconelli is gotta make a comeback - he already got a limit, just need to cull those out to 5 lbers !

17. Banned
    Go Mikeinelli

Seems ike's spot is getting better and the big fish are starting to bite.

I think the gooduns will start biting when the wind picks up a little. The sun is always good this time of year to warm the rocks up. Hoping Zaldain can duplicate yesterday's monster sack and get the W.

20. Member
    appears Ike's Spot Lock is malfunctioning.

Darn zip ties.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast