Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Here’s my settings yours could be different
    Brightness Iam at 75
    Contrast 25
    Scroll speed (very important)Iam at fast at 3.5mphto 4mph ,1.5 mph Iam at slow or medium you will have to play with that .
    Interference low
    tvg low
    both of the last one can be played with depending on the trash floating.

in real life the screen looks a lot better than snapping a pic with the phone I have saved them to my memory card and I will play with that later.

2. Member
    Thanks jerry! In your first two pictures, I don’t see any fishes except some yellow dots.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post

3. Member
    Thanks Leonard!

I found only the “Amber” color plaette is useable while the rest ones are useless. Any others you use? I’ll try the blue one again next time.

I put my ranges to be 50 ft, fair enough? Water is about 20-25 ft deep.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    The reason I asked about experience is that seeing fish in the water colum with a little advice on settings is a nobrainer using any brand for sideimaging. Seeing fish on sideimaging at a distance farther than the depth requires some serious attention to the settings, for range, scroll speed, brightness and contrast, as well as scrutinizing minor differences and shadows. Settings vary according to the terrain. I've posted bunches for the former and none on the latter, not because the unit/transducer is not capable of it but I have Panoptix PS30 on the transom and just don't have to do all that work or focus so intently on the screen for minute differences. Also the sideimages of fish on computer always look better than they do on a unit in direct sunlight. Maybe I'll get some screenshots today. Leaving for the lake now.
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 03-17-2019 at 07:43 PM.

4. Member
    Some nice pictures there, especially DV! Not many SV pictures.

seems you are using a different unit with a different transducer. I do wish Echomap+ units with HW-52CV is better in both aspects but I am not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by pab1981 View Post
    Not an Echomap plus but series before Echomap chirp with GT transducers. I don't bass fish so these anre crappie on wood, just fish, and some just wood. Don't have any side images of fish other than Asian carp. Linking images I posted in another forum, too much of a pain to post pics here.

And I know ahead of time they aren't as sharp as some you Hbird and Lowrance guys get, no need to tell me. But if you can't tell which of these to fish and which not to from these images, I don't know what to tell you.
    https://www.crappie.com/crappie/side...reen-captures/

5. Member
    I’m not one of your “some people”. I’m a regular end-user, not pros or sponsored by any to say.

I wish your pictures were taken by HW-52CV on EM+ unit. Seems they are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrochris View Post
    Attachment 356658Attachment 356659
    Images taken from the Facebook group Garmin sonar and fishing fanatics.
    There are plenty of images showing fish on SV with Garmin units at all different frequencies.
    some people on this board will never give a positive review of Garmin. Everyone knows that Garmin's SV and DV is not the best,, but it does the job just fine.
    Some even claim that there SV is so awesome that it works in every imaginable situation, even when the boat is parked in the garage,,, LOLL
    My advice is look for structures with SV and find the fish with Panoptix.

Fish on!!
    C//

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    In this pic those 7 black shadow have 7 yellow dots above them

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The yellow dot on right with a black shadow under it

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Better pic

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    All I can say is the garmins produce very good fish pics on side, but if your contrast is to high and washed out you will not see the bright yellow white which is a hard return along with the black shadow behind that yellow white.On a 9 inch screen every thing is smaller than on a 12 inch screen.It’s really something you kinda have to learn and make sure your settings are perfect or you will not see nothing.I can change my scroll speed and contrast and not see anything but orange white ground.I played with the blue color didn’t really like it much for me the Amber is about as good as it gets.
    herss another good shot you can almost make the fins out if you have good eyes or glasses you can see he is looking at you with his eyes

Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 03-17-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    I’m not one of your “some people”. I’m a regular end-user, not pros or sponsored by any to say.

I wish your pictures were taken by HW-52CV on EM+ unit. Seems they are not!
    To see more images taken with Echomap units, I strongly suggest you joine the Facebook group I mentioned above.
    The images that are shown are mostly taken in saltwater as it is an Australia based group. One of the images I posted was takin Using the GT40 transducer, most likely with an Echomap unit, it is my understanding that the GT52 transducer is better suited to show fish returns.
    Last edited by Astrochris; 03-17-2019 at 09:09 PM.
    8410XSV, 8612XSV
    GT15, GT40, PS30
    GPSMAP 536
    2022 Lund Impact XS 1775
    115 Pro XS

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

pretty cool you can see the limbs in the shadow

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I have a lot of the sewer system under our lake but here's a good example of what fish will look like with a shadow.You can see the pipe bright yellow and the dark shadow under it showing it is off the ground

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Here’s more of the sewer pipe you can actually see under it

15. Member
    Thanks man! I’m mainly on fresh water lakes; I’ll take a peek at the group though.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrochris View Post
    To see more images taken with Echomap units, I strongly suggest you joine the Facebook group I mentioned above.
    The images that are shown are mostly taken in saltwater as it is an Australia based group. One of the images I posted was takin Using the GT40 transducer, most likely with an Echomap unit, it is my understanding that the GT52 transducer is better suited to show fish returns.

16. Member
    Thanks Jerry! Probably my expectation out of SV is too high; my expectation is “spoiled”. I’ll do some more research on this.

Here’s more of the sewer pipe you can actually see under it

17. Banned

pretty cool you can see the limbs in the shadow
    Are them Shellcracker beds.?

18. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Bluegill? but I don’t know if we have any shell crackers down here but we might and call them bluegill
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 03-18-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12