Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Livescope issue.

Echo 93 plus. Half of the screen is now a void
    From zero to the opposite Corno. Brush etc is cut straight off. When I rotate the tm so that bottom moves toward top of screen , void moves with it.

2. Member
    Show us a screenshot. Put in a memory card. Press and hold HOME. That will make the screenshot.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    The issue started with the bottom reading of 14 to 55 rotated 14 to 15 as in this picture.

4. Member
    I cut unit off and then back on, now i get this

5. Member
    And

6. Member
    As I rotate the tm, the void rotates with the picture

7. Member
    Picture 2 also shows the interference arch that goes from the bottom depth to the top depth. Which in this case is about 12 to 12.

8. Member
    Looks like the forward (top) transducer signal is not getting back to the unit. This could be anywhere really, but I'm pretty sure that it is between the transducer and the black box. Inspect your cable for any pinching, the cable should not be bent at sharp angles. Potentially a black box issue, but I would double check cabling for damage or areas it was pinched first, and that it is plugged in securely and not pulled on.
    I have a boat.

9. Member
    Looks like a bad transducer. One whole array looks like it is not working. There is a way to test that but I don't think you need to. But if you wanted to, go back to the installation directions and reverse the install from port to starboard or starboard to port making sure to do the orientation according to the picture in the directions. If an array is bad this would move the void from the surface to the bottom.

My bet is that you will be dealing with support for a replacement transducer. 800-800-1020. With all the map stuff and recent surge of sales call and leave your number for them to call back. Might be quicker just to email them. Send your documentary information and phone number in an email and attach the screenshots. Email is Product.Support@garmin.com.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Looks like a bad transducer. One whole array looks like it is not working. There is a way to test that but I don't think you need to. But if you wanted to, go back to the installation directions and reverse the install from port to starboard or starboard to port making sure to do the orientation according to the picture in the directions. If an array is bad this would move the void from the surface to the bottom.

My bet is that you will be dealing with support for a replacement transducer. 800-800-1020. With all the map stuff and recent surge of sales call and leave your number for them to call back. Might be quicker just to email them. Send your documentary information and phone number in an email and attach the screenshots. Email is Product.Support@garmin.com.
    Thanks, I sent an email

11. Member
    Munchie, I had similar issues last week with what you are describing and with the unit switching back and forth from forward and down. Like it could not make up its mind. A couple of times I had that dead zone you are talking about. I thought that it was probably caused by the amount of pollen in the water column. When I got out to the middle of the lake it all cleared up. I don't know if it was the dissolved solids in the water column now or not. How is the water quality at you lake. I am in South Carolina and the pollen is coming down in sheets, like sheets of rain...

12. Member
    Lwinchester, do you think the suspended solids could cause this problem? I am asking because mine was doing the same as munchie's along with searching for either forward or down view.

13. Member
    I just sent mine back...5-6 weeks to replace, �� all my Garmin stuff runs clean...ps22, ps30, gt52. This was with all wires on the deck and it’s own battery....stick mounted, so not a tm interference issue.

14. Member
    cactusflyr, Is that video before or after you sent it in?

15. Member
    Before....that was on day one. Knew from the prior ps21 fiasco to bench test it before install. When I went to ps22, first one was good. I am happy w Garmin and love the panoptix, just know it’s a high tech device and you may have to return one or two to get a good one.

16. Member
    Looked like this in deep water, couldn’t figure this one out....

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfish View Post
    Munchie, I had similar issues last week with what you are describing and with the unit switching back and forth from forward and down. Like it could not make up its mind. A couple of times I had that dead zone you are talking about. I thought that it was probably caused by the amount of pollen in the water column. When I got out to the middle of the lake it all cleared up. I don't know if it was the dissolved solids in the water column now or not. How is the water quality at you lake. I am in South Carolina and the pollen is coming down in sheets, like sheets of rain...
    mine isn't switching from forward to down. Down actually looks good. No pollen . Lake 50 and muddy. Been muddy all year. Problem just started , while looking at it.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusflyr View Post
    I just sent mine back...5-6 weeks to replace, �� all my Garmin stuff runs clean...ps22, ps30, gt52. This was with all wires on the deck and it’s own battery....stick mounted, so not a tm interference issue.

cactus-
    What on your first video makes you think it’s not right?
    i just 8nstalled my lvs32 and was seeing quite a bit of dots. I turned the gain down to 65% but that seemed pretty low.
    My ps22 was running gain at 80-85 just fine.

I am headed out Sunday for some more testing and will take photos of screen.
    I did notice the 3 starburst on the source side of the screen but I think that is normal.
    i have ps22 and lvs32 mounted right next to one another but I have read there should be no interference from the other.
    i am fishing brackish water and will try the fresh vs salt settings.

i was not able to get calibration on either unit with ahrs on but tvg off. I am going to try calibrating each unit separately with tvg on.
    any thought on what to try to clean up picture?

19. Member
    That video is not the worst I saw. Essentially, all the rays coming out and and “artifact” I believe they call it.... no matter which way it is pointing, there appears to be a constant return. It is the worst at the bottom, the bright return, and works its way all the way to the surface extending away. Like I was painting a submerged tree that is angling away from me....

this is was the cleanest I could get it, and with it turned way down...was not seeing any fish. Turn it up to see fish and the rays and artifact much worse.
    Last edited by cactusflyr; 03-21-2019 at 08:17 AM.

20. Member
    Your transducer mounted on a trolling motor?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast