Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusflyr View Post
    Your transducer mounted on a trolling motor?
    Nope. ~7" up from motor on custom attachment for PS22 and LVS32. See test installation attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Went to the lake today and found out that my livescope is also not working. It looks just like what your screenshot shows MDBASSNPRO. I will post a screenshot when my maps have finished downloading. Or maybe tomorrow.

3. Member
    I was able to get to work have way decent by turning the transducer one click just like you would for down imaging and forcing it to forward view. It is not the best, but five to six weeks? I am going to have to make some kind of arrangements with Garmin. I am going on a fishing trip at Lake Marion SC the first of April. Hate not to have it. Kind of the reason I bought it. Well not really but the wife doesn't need to know that.

4. Member
    Munchie, Did you do anymore testing? Have you called CS, and if so what did they say? I went to the lake yesterday and could not get the transducer working any better. I does seem as if one of the elements is completely gone.

5. Member
    Please post a pic of how you have the transducer mounted.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Why the 5-6 week wait time?
    They should just replace it.

7. Member
    Not sure this was posted earlier in the thread. I just sent mine back...5-6 weeks to replace, �� all my Garmin stuff runs clean...ps22, ps30, gt52. This was with all wires on the deck and it’s own battery....stick mounted, so not a tm interference issue. I have not called them yet and I am assuming the popularity.
    I will gat a picture after I get home.

8. Member
    Cant help but think that maybe you need to go higher up the chain.

9. Member
    Like I said, I have not called them yet. That being said, I do not want to stroke anyone the wrong way. If they say that it will take 5 to 6 weeks they must have their reasons. But you can be sure I will ask them. One thing I do know If they aint got it they cannot ship it.

10. Member
    this is shown in the down mode and the head unit (93sv +) forced in the forward mode. If in auto the head defaults to the down mode. One click up and the unit cannot select, just toggles back and forth.

11. Member
    One click down and I get the dead band that I posted earlier.

12. Member

13. Member
    Any chance the dead space is being caused by position of the transducer for Down and the unit manually selected for Forward? I know that this will produce a dead space like that seen in the screenshots you and munchie posted.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

14. Member
    I like your setup, to bad your having issues. I think the PS31 and LVS would make a great combo. Hope you get it resolved soon. Just a thought, have you tried mounting your LVS on the other side of your stick so that it is using the opposite settings. Port instead of Starboard?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfish View Post
    Munchie, Did you do anymore testing? Have you called CS, and if so what did they say? I went to the lake yesterday and could not get the transducer working any better. I does seem as if one of the elements is completely gone.
    I contacted them tru email. I sent several pictures and tried a couple of things they suggested including a reset. Nothing helped. Waiting on their response after the last test .

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Any chance the dead space is being caused by position of the transducer for Down and the unit manually selected for Forward? I know that this will produce a dead space like that seen in the screenshots you and munchie posted.
    Unit worked good for two months in this position, other than the interference arch and I could live with that. Half the screen blank , different story.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    I contacted them tru email. I sent several pictures and tried a couple of things they suggested including a reset. Nothing helped. Waiting on their response after the last test .
    Munchie I was in the garage doing the same. All was good then I got your dead band. Under sonar setup, installation, turn AHRS off and see if your dead band doesn’t go away.

I was was trying to update mine and never got the dead and and I did a factory reset and deadband appeared. Turning off AHRS makes deadband go away. My thought is their factory default setting of AHRS on is the issue. Why I don’t know.
    Last edited by MDBASSNPRO; 03-25-2019 at 07:34 PM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    Unit worked good for two months in this position, other than the interference arch and I could live with that. Half the screen blank , different story.
    This position is the Down position. For the LVS Forward to work property the transducer can't be in this position. For this starboard mount, to use LVS Forward it needs to be rotated up one notch.

19. Member
    Looks like a bad transducer. One whole array looks like it is not working. There is a way to test that but I don't think you need to. But if you wanted to, go back to the installation directions and reverse the install from port to starboard or starboard to port making sure to do the orientation according to the picture in the directions. If an array is bad this would move the void from the surface to the bottom.

My bet is that you will be dealing with support for a replacement transducer. 800-800-1020. With all the map stuff and recent surge of sales call and leave your number for them to call back. Might be quicker just to email them. Send your documentary information and phone number in an email and attach the screenshots. Email is Product.Support@garmin.com.
    Interesting, I did flip it in the settings . It did not move the void. I didn't move the transducer if thats what your saying.

20. Member
    This position is the Down position. For the LVS Forward to work property the transducer can't be in this position. For the starboard mount, to use LVS Forward it needs to be rotated up one notch.
    The angle may not show but it is rotated up a notch.. If I rotate it one more notch.up It would not read any distance forward at all. And I did recheck the notches after it started acting up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast