Wilson Lake conditions

Anyone been on Wilson this week? Is there still alot of debris floating? Where have you found the cleanest water? Thx

2. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    I haven't fished Wilson in a week or so but go over the Shoal Creek Bridge almost daily and the water seems to be clearing with very little, if any, debris.

I noticed a bunch of boats on the lake Friday morning and the ramp at the US72 bridge was absolutely packed which I thought was pretty unusual for a weekday. I don't know if it's because of some upcoming tournament or what, but my wife seems to think it's because McFarland Park is still closed and a lot of people decided to fish Wilson instead.

3. Member
    Similar to Avery, haven’t fished since a couple hours last Sunday. At that time there was still a lot of debris on the main lake but most of it was strung together so it was mostly open water. With the wind out of the south the most debris free water was on the Colbert Co side. The water with best clarity, as is typical in the spring, was towards Wilson dam. It was hard to find a parking spot at fleet harbor Sunday afternoon and every bank was crowded. We jumped in line on a couple banks and really slowed down and were able to put a few good fish in the boat.

4. Banned
    I was out at my lake house earlier today. The water was a little low--a product of about half the spillways being open. We're rock bottom, and there were ground up tree limbs at the base of our seawall 4-5' wide. The river itself was pretty muddy.

5. Member
    Me and a buddy went today. Water has some color but it’s not muddy. Almost if the creek arms have clearer water.
    1992 Champion 184 SC / 1986 Yamaha 150hp

Water is still a little dirty...still a little low...have to pay attention for floaters... they're there...fishing has been very good...just don't let the water temps fool you....26 lbs to win Heartland last Saturday...23 to cash...and no I didn't...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand