Vexus Fiberglass Boat Questions

First, I really like the VX20 and 21 (e.g. air seats, lighter hull weight, boarding ladder, cooler, etc). I plan on purchasing a new rig this year (Bass Cat, Ranger or Vexus). I do have the following questions:

1. What is the hull weight for the VX20 and 21?

2. How do you access the fuel tank (e.g. fuel level sensors, fuel lines) and the pumps? I have a Z521C currently and it is PIA to get to the pumps, fuel tank.

3. Are there any plastic trim panels that are exposed to the sun that will fade?

4. Is there any information on the web regarding the scratch resistance of the hard case paint? How many coats of clear are applied? What is thickness of the clear coat versus the thickness of the clear gel coat? Because of the gel coat thickness, I have been able to remove most scratches (don't get into the metal flake) with a buffer or wet sand and a buffer.

5. Will the dealers be able to sell these boats at prices that are less than what was advertised yesterday? I can purchase a new Z521C with the same equipment as what was shown yesterday for 75000 and a Lynx for 82000. I'm not ruling the Vexus out due to the price but it has to be a superior boat to include ride and stability.

Thank you
    John S

2. Member
    All good questions

3. Member
    1. Info not yet available?
    2. In the floor, helping keep COG low.
    3. Not sure, but the large piece on side of boat in middle around windshields maybe
    4. Not sure
    5. Unlikely, but in the end the market always determines the price.

4. Banned
    It’s very heavy, otherwise they would have posted the “known information”.

5. Member
    I don’t think it’s very heavy. You can tap on the hull and tell it’s thin. They used a vacuum process on the entire hull which gives a thinner stronger hull. Saved a few hundred pounds. The 21 is a 73mph boat and the 20 is a 75mph boat from what I was told in the booth.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John__S View Post
    First, I really like the VX20 and 21 (e.g. air seats, lighter hull weight, boarding ladder, cooler, etc). I plan on purchasing a new rig this year (Bass Cat, Ranger or Vexus). I do have the following questions:

3. Are there any plastic trim panels that are exposed to the sun that will fade?

Thank you
    John S
    I thought I seen/heard in a video that there goal was to eliminate all plastic material in the boat.The only things I could see that were plastic were the rod buckles, and maybe some dividers in the rod lockers.

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

8. Member
    Thanks for the replies. However they don’t answer my questions. Gas tank is in the floor. Is there an easy access panel for the gas tank to get to the fuel level sensor, fuel lines, and the fuel tank? What is the weight of the boat? Is the entire package less than 5000:pounds with the trailer? We have a 2017 Ridgeline and we do not want another pickup. I tow less than 200 miles a year since the boat will on a dock. How many coats of clear? If a customer wanted another coat of clear could they include that in the order? We really like this boat but want the ability to maintain it and pull it with our Ridgeline. I do like the emblem on the side.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John__S View Post
    Thanks for the replies. However they don’t answer my questions. Gas tank is in the floor. Is there an easy access panel for the gas tank to get to the fuel level sensor, fuel lines, and the fuel tank? What is the weight of the boat? Is the entire package less than 5000:pounds with the trailer? We have a 2017 Ridgeline and we do not want another pickup. I tow less than 200 miles a year since the boat will on a dock. How many coats of clear? If a customer wanted another coat of clear could they include that in the order? We really like this boat but want the ability to maintain it and pull it with our Ridgeline. I do like the emblem on the side.
    You should be fine as long as you don't fill the live well all the way up to the lid before pulling it out of the water.

10. Member
    Can a Ridgeline tow? haha just joking. Hope you get your answers buddy.

11. Banned
    I noticed he said you can't pick up water going down the lake at speed when the water is sloshing around, that was one of the big features of intensive care livewells. My boat has a high speed pickup for the livewell, I can add water at full speed.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I noticed he said you can't pick up water going down the lake at speed when the water is sloshing around, that was one of the big features of intensive care livewells. My boat has a high speed pickup for the livewell, I can add water at full speed.
    Does the excess water flow out at speed or can you shut off the overflow? So, your livewell water stays 100% full as you run? So, no jostling of the fish in rough water?

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Does the excess water flow out at speed or can you shut off the overflow? So, your livewell water stays 100% full as you run? So, no jostling of the fish in rough water?
    I can add water at full speed, I guess I could plug the overflow if need be. If I can fill it faster than it sloshes out its just fresh water for the fish anyways. The Vexus is definitely a cleaner more refined system though.

Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    I don’t think it’s very heavy. You can tap on the hull and tell it’s thin. They used a vacuum process on the entire hull which gives a thinner stronger hull. Saved a few hundred pounds. The 21 is a 73mph boat and the 20 is a 75mph boat from what I was told in the booth.
    All of the big brands run those same speeds loaded. If these boats arent at least 200 pounds lighter than there competitors then why spend the extra money on the vacuum process?