eagle521

Vessel view mobile and Smartcraft

I have a 2013 Mercury 250 ProXS serial number 2B010371. My boat has a smartcraft by my console that I like. I purchased the Vessel view mobile from Mercury Marine direct. They sent me an email with the promotion and I looked at YouTube videos on the Vessel view and I thought it is a good idea so I purchased it. Now I have it, I am trying to install it and still have the use of my smartcraft. I don’t believe that it possible. I spoke to Mercury yesterday. When I asked about being able to keep the smartcraft, he hesitated and didn’t seen sure but than he said yes. I don’t have the yellow terminator plug. It wasn’t on my motor because I believe that one and only 10 pin connector is being used for the smartcraft. So I am wondering if anybody else is having the same issue and if I am doing something wrong. If I am going to lose the smartcraft in favor of the Vessel view, l am just going to return it.
    Thanks in advance for your reply. eagle521

2. Member
    VVM works with existing Smartcraft systems.

Read this thread....Click on this >>>New VesselView Mobile

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Need to determine WHICH existing Smartcraft System you have, and whether or not you have a Junction Box port open under the console.

You will not be installing at the engine (it will be at the helm). And NO additional resistors will be involved this time.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. eagle521
    Thanks Don for your reply. I do not have a junction box, and the smartcraft I have is. Smartcraft monitor gauge 4.0v. It’s digital. That’s what is says on the front of the manual. I can find an actual part or product number. eagle521

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You'll need a short cable and a junction box (4 gang).

Plug the existing blue cable directly to the J-box, new "short" cable from J-box to System Monitor, and then plug your Vessel View Mobile into one of the remaining J-box ports.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. eagle521
    Thanks again for your help Don.