Thread: Gas Prices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Up another 4cents in just the last 5 hours or so.
    Red Sox in 6!

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankinstick View Post
    There is no shortage, purely for "Evil" profit ! We can all drive a Pirus
    Nope, AirForceAngler knows of what he speaks ............its refinery " turnaround " season. Refineries operate 24/7 .... almost 52 weeks a year ..... the only way to get maintenance done is to shut down the entire refinery. And they combine that with changing seasonal blends.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    Big oil companies have made several statements that they're deliberately cutting back production so they can bring their profit up. Less production same demands price goes up. It has gone up 37 cent in three weeks here.
    Pure BS ............ where did you get this crap ?

4. Banned
    Big oil companies have made several statements that they're deliberately cutting back production so they can bring their profit up. Less production same demands price goes up. It has gone up 37 cent in three weeks here.
    Are you trying to say that Saudi Arabia and OPEC have to cut their production because US domestic producers continue to increase production and take market share from them ?

If so, then you would be correct .

But oil production is as high as its ever been , US domestic production is setting new records.

And there really is no such thing as " big oil " , that is yesterday's news

NIFweMW.png

5. Member
    Is anyone ever happy about buying gas? I'm sure glad we don't have lines and/or rations.

Seems like Apple, Google, and Microsoft were all worth more than any oil company last year and I really don't need any of those.

Get ya some of the diesel price! quit whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabassco View Post
    Pure BS ............ where did you get this crap ?
    Read it for yourself i didnt just make it up to if u were in the loop and pay attention instead of listening to other people look for the facts . Opec has partnered with 14 other nations which do Supply oil to the United States to cut production.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/opec...il-target.html
    Here is another one . https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbl...nd-the-corner/
    Last edited by idratherbeefishin; 03-17-2019 at 03:20 PM.

8. Member
    Read it for yourself i didnt just make it up to if u were in the loop and pay attention instead of listening to other people look for the facts . Opec has partnered with 14 other nations which do Supply oil to the United States to cut production.
    I heard the same thing a week ago or so, but the U.S. is still producing more then ever, so it has to be more speculations and/or the fact that some U.S. refineries are shutting down for maintenance. I hate the fact that they rise the price daily! because they can.

9. Banned
    Who cares what OPEC does when the U.S. producers are leading the way. As far as the article it stated U.S. Companies will slow down drilling their is a big difference between drilling and production.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DURASPANK View Post
    There raising the ethanol level. Got to pay those subsidies.
    I hope you're being sarcastic and not really that uninformed. Ethanol is cheaper than gas. If they raise the ethanol amount the price of gas will drop. They have 85% ethanol at pumps and it is a little over half price from 10% ethanol gas. You burn more, but it is cheaper. If anything, more ethanol will decrease the price of gas. Every gallon of ethanol added means "big oil" has overproduced by a gallon of gas and theoretically will lower the cost.

11. Banned
    Sell your truck and boat ant buy a smart car 2.69 a gallon and your mad. Really try living in California.

12. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbasshuntin64 View Post
    Sell your truck and boat ant buy a smart car (and kayak) 2.69 a gallon and your mad. Really try living in California.
    FIFY

Try Canada....
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ 2001 View Post
    That's CHEAP! Come to Calif!!!!!
    what he said...
    A goal without a plan is just a dream.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishingfarmer View Post
    I hope you're being sarcastic and not really that uninformed. Ethanol is cheaper than gas. If they raise the ethanol amount the price of gas will drop. They have 85% ethanol at pumps and it is a little over half price from 10% ethanol gas. You burn more, but it is cheaper. If anything, more ethanol will decrease the price of gas. Every gallon of ethanol added means "big oil" has overproduced by a gallon of gas and theoretically will lower the cost.
    Which corn farm you own?

15. Banned
    I burn Chevron 3.69 3.79 3.89 are the price of are 3 grades of gas why would you burn anything else.

16. Banned

Uhhh .... but but ...........you said " big oil " .................. and I've already told you why they're cutting production, because US domestic production is increasing and taking their market share.

Total global oil production is at new highs ...........this is not why gasoline prices are rising a little. Which also has already been explained. There's nothing nefarious or evil about what's happening.

Sometimes , a little info in the wrong hands, can be dangerous..

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritonal186 View Post
    I heard the same thing a week ago or so, but the U.S. is still producing more then ever, so it has to be more speculations and/or the fact that some U.S. refineries are shutting down for maintenance. I hate the fact that they rise the price daily! because they can.
    There's two markets , one for oil and another for gasoline. They don't always move in correlation with each other.

When refineries go into " turnaround ' season, that lowers supply of gasoline which puts upward pressure on gasoline price, but it also lowers demand for oil which drives down the price of oil .

Its just temporary, but some of these people just gotta think "big oil " is stickin it to them, and nothing could be further from the truth. They live in a fantasy world where gasoline is suppose to be free.

18. Member
    Ours has jumped 30-40 cents in the last few weeks and our state officials just voted in a .10 cent a gal tax. No vote by the public. General signed it Thursday. If you drive a Prius, your car tag just recieved a $150-$300 annual hit due to you not paying your fair share in fuel taxes. Welcome to Alabama.

19. Member
    Ours has jumped 30-40 cents in the last few weeks and our state officials just voted in a .10 cent a gal tax. No vote by the public. Governor signed it Thursday. If you drive a Prius, your car tag just recieved a $150-$300 annual hit due to you not paying your fair share in fuel taxes. Welcome to Alabama.

20. Member
    Gas prices gradually increase through Labor Day then they drop back down for winter. It’s called slowly getting the shaft if your lucky you get just the tip, but if you live in the bigger cities you get the whole thing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast