Ride and runnin...

Anyone gonna get to run one this weekend to see real speed numbers and rough water ride...to get "real world" feedback?
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Comanche warrior MassBass320v's Avatar
    I don't have a definitive answer for you, but I doubt they have many of these boats produced that aren't sitting inside the Expo right now. One of the boats on display was one that they have been using for promo videos and photos (it even had some rain gear and helmets in it still). Maybe they'll stick around after the Classic but that's just speculation
    __________________________________________________ __
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

3. Member
    Keith Daffron mentioned speeds 70-72mph in his 20’ VX20 fiberglass boat loaded for tournament fishing. Your speeds may vary depending on load and water conditions.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 03-16-2019 at 07:31 PM.

4. Member
    Hoping faster than that in a 20' boat based on their claims of " revolutionizing what true performance can be." Maybe I like faster boats as that days "performance =fast" to me ;-)

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguyone View Post
    Hoping faster than that in a 20' boat based on their claims of " revolutionizing what true performance can be." Maybe I like faster boats as that days "performance =fast" to me ;-)
    Ok, that’s a good point. Here is their take on it. You blast off in a tournament in last place with the light fast boats leading the pack, the multiple boat wakes from the pack of boats going in all directions slow boats down that are ahead of you. So, you pass one boat at a time because of the deeper computer designed hull design that can handle these waves at speed until you are at the front of the pack. I don’t know if this is the case, but the minute I saw the deeper V hull bottom shape I knew that is what they were aiming to accomplish. Time will tell.

6. Banned
    [QUOT

E=Jimbug;10128682]Ok, that’s a good point. Here is their take on it. You blast off in a tournament in last place with the light fast boats leading the pack, the multiple boat wakes from the pack of boats going in all directions slow boats down that are ahead of you. So, you pass one boat at a time because of the deeper computer designed hull design that can handle these waves at speed until you are at the front of the pack. I don’t know if this is the case, but the minute I saw the deeper V hull bottom shape I knew that is what they were aiming to accomplish. Time will tell. [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Ok, that’s a good point. Here is their take on it. You blast off in a tournament in last place with the light fast boats leading the pack, the multiple boat wakes from the pack of boats going in all directions slow boats down that are ahead of you. So, you pass one boat at a time because of the deeper computer designed hull design that can handle these waves at speed until you are at the front of the pack. I don’t know if this is the case, but the minute I saw the deeper V hull bottom shape I knew that is what they were aiming to accomplish. Time will tell.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    ...Because if you can’t win by catching the biggest sack of bass, you at least need to be able to brag about how you smoked eveyone at blastoff (and which boat brands you passed along the way).

These threads have been hilarious and have definitely generated the intended amount of attention. I still have no skin in the game but I’m just curious in hearing about performance (rough water, handling, stability, etc... the things that keep you safe, comfortable, and help you focus on fishing) once some of these hula are out on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Sorta like the turtle and the rabbit?

10. Member
    The VX20 is getting 75mph with the 250HP Evinrude G2 I heard today from the Vexus team. Still not 80, but the ride, it’s the ride my friend:-)

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Speed always kills me when brought up, I have never been beat by a guy going 100 or first boat out ,but I have been beat by 9.9 Jon a bunch of times!

12. Member
    I am sure if we went back to the beginning of tournaments, we could find somebody that won because their boat was 3 1/2 mph faster than the other boats..... :)))

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbreaux View Post
    I am sure if we went back to the beginning of tournaments, we could find somebody that won because their boat was 3 1/2 mph faster than the other boats..... :)))
    FLW at Ky lake for example