Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Multi-species rig question for Mr. Clark

Do you plan on introducing other sizes in the multi-species series? If so do you have specs on any boats smaller that the DVX 20 and when will that boat be introduced?

Thanks

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Yes, we have plans for another DVX model to debut in the near future. But I do not have the specs on the new model.

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

3. Member
    What's the price

4. Member
    I love the looks of the DVX 20. Modern looking with some great ideas put into the design and functions. Since I primarily fish for musky and this is a multi species boat I noticed that the rod lockers will only accommodate up to 8’4” rods. Most of my rods are over that length with some at 9 ft. Is there a possible modification to allow for longer rods?

Thanks

What do you think the price range of the DX would be fully loaded out on both models?

6. Member
    I dunno but I love the ability to lay multiple rods on the front deck and wow the storage is awesome. The windshield is really nice as well, coming from a bass boat the normal style tall windshields just seem out of place for me. I also really like the location of the charger and main shut off, overall some really nice thought. Looks like a wake boat meets walleye. Wish it had flip seats though with a growing family it’s nice to have the added seats. As for price gee I have no clue. My guess, more than I wanna spend.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffy1337 View Post
    I love the looks of the DVX 20. Modern looking with some great ideas put into the design and functions. Since I primarily fish for musky and this is a multi species boat I noticed that the rod lockers will only accommodate up to 8’4” rods. Most of my rods are over that length with some at 9 ft. Is there a possible modification to allow for longer rods?

Thanks
    I'm in this same boat...hoping mods are possible to accommodate 9’ers.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by northlander View Post
    What do you think the price range of the DX would be fully loaded out on both models?
    DVX 20 with 250G2 was around 87 fully loaded if I remember correctly.

9. Member
    87 f*ck me, get a couple Lunds for that

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    87 f*ck me, get a couple Lunds for that
    Have you priced out a deep v 20' lund pro v glass or tin?

11. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Did you see the photos?
    This boat is equipped with three large lowrance units, that’s what about 15k in upgrades right there..

or you could look at a aluminum deep view boat , like lund

https://www.lundboats.com/boat-model...pro-v-limited/

12. Member
    Sorry bud I can catch fish without needing to spend 80k plus on a boat regardless of the name on the side, that being said it's a very nice boat my man, be proud of what you guys built its great for fishing to see new innovation. But I would rather spend half that and catch just as many fish, Lund offers more options than the boat you linked. Too rich for my blood, props to those that can plunk down that kinda coin. Like I have said I knew the glass rigs would be top dollar and have no problem with it. Wish you and Vexus all the success it's good to see new blood in the game pushing the envelope.

13. Member
    Yes I saw the pics, and like I said it's very nice, it's also 80k easy after all is said and done even with different electronics. Simply put not in my price range, I am sure it's in some people's though and that's fantastic. I don't wish any ill will just making a comment on an 87k dollar boat that's all. A Lund for that price is ridiculous as well. But the Lund also is priced with a 350 on it. Regardless they are all high rent district.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 03-17-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Did you see the photos?
    This boat is equipped with three large lowrance units, that’s what about 15k in upgrades right there..

Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Did you see the photos?

Please don't exaggerate the graph price to prove a point. They are $2899 retail x 3 equals $8697.
    As far as the package price of the boat it seems right in line with the rest and maybe even a value depending on performance. I am sure there will be some wiggle room at the dealer. I have no idea why people think tin is cheaper than glass. Crazy

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Derek View Post
    Have you priced out a deep v 20' lund pro v glass or tin?
    My lund tin fully loaded stickered for 103k.

17. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Please don't exaggerate the graph price to prove a point. They are $2899 retail x 3 equals $8697.
    As far as the package price of the boat it seems right in line with the rest and maybe even a value depending on performance. I am sure there will be some wiggle room at the dealer. I have no idea why people think tin is cheaper than glass. Crazy
    yep, you got me there.
    i went back and looked - i thought those were 16" graphs, they are only 12" graphs
    Sorry my bad.

18. Member
    sclark they are very nice offerings, unfortunately, unless I hit the lottery I guess I am going to be fishing out of my tin for a long time. That said they will sell and Vexus will prosper, best of luck now and going forward with a great series of boats.

19. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

20. Member
    Wait, you there? I probably talked to you. I just got back the Minneapolis show. I have to tell you after walking back and forth between a Ranger 621 and the VX22, there is no way in heck I would buy the Ranger anymore. This coming from as big a Ranger boat fan as there is. That feeling has been coming on for a few years for me for reasons I will get into in a bit. My conclusion was, dollar for dollar and presuming the ride tested out, this Vexus multi species boat would get my $100k.....if I had it.

Why? Ranger has resorted to plastic, an abundance of cheap, thin, noisy plastic to dress their boat up. I remember a day when you could look down the gunnel on a ranger and see the smoothest cleanest surface, perfect. Now they appear wavy and inconsistent. Also, is there a limit to how many tool holders a boat can possibly have? Well Ranger seems to think you need one everywhere you look, and Chrome coat it so if you happen to step on it barefoot on a hot day you scald your foot. I don't know, there is just a lot of plastic, on a 520L the plastic molding that surrounds the seat backs is just junk! The ranger seats used to fit snug to the rear deck, contoured and fitted. Now they fill gaps with plastic molding. The Ranger seats look more like a Color palette now a days, the boats I saw had about 40 panels of color, almost all had different texture vinyl, and colors. It is as if they said, how do we make a seat better, Add more colors! they are way too busy for my liking.

In the Vexus I didn't see one piece of plastic, like NOT ONE. The walk through windshield can double as a chin up bar. That means a lot to anyone that has ever owned a boat with a walk through windshield, within a year they are usually loose, out of shape and don't shut right. The Vexus windshield does not move, I rocked the entire boat and trailer when I tried to wiggle it. It is supported with a track system and has 2 very solid brackets that attach it to the top of the consoles. just rock solid.

What I saw in this boat, is a tank. A well thought out fishing machine. From what I can tell the emphasis was on function and longevity.

I will be really interested to see what the ride is like. The DVX22 was rigged with 2 Solix 1 on the dash, flush, and a Solid 12 up front. Ultrex T motor. Kicker and mercury pictured above had a $97k sticker..... gulp.

Hull and cap surfaces were perfectly smooth and flat as I have ever seen on a boat. No waviness on the top of the gunnels, the warping on the sides of the hull. Considering this is the first one out of the mold, it was just impressive how flawless the the boats surface looked. Compare that to a couple other glass boats I looked at and you could see waves along the tops of the gunnels and in the sides.

Questionable items, the storage in the fender step. Just not sure what I would put there, and it didn't lock so likely not any tool of value.

The front decks on the 20' boat had 7'2" spinning rods laying flat on the front deck, they weren't even tip tube in the console, pretty impressive volume of space up there. The pickle fork front adds a noticeable amount of space. I felt like it not only added more width but also more length to the front deck. I have not heard the length of the front deck mentioned as of yet.

The model plate on the side of the boat grew on me. On this boat, in person, felt like it was complimented by the side support on the windshield. On the vx20 it looked great infact because it matched the carbon fibre support.

All in all I was really impressed. A boat that is just introduced for the first time and already seemed to be right up near the top of the heap,,,...sitting on a trailer.

Wish them all the luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast