Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I think I'll keep my Ranger

Glad that its over and I feel so much better now. I went out in the garage and told her shes not going anywhere for awhile.

2. Member
    I have to agree. Said the same to myself yesterday.

3. Member
    Good for both of you!!!!!!

4. Member
    As an engineer I’m impressed by many of the technical aspects of design and construction of the Vexus. But the one thing it’s woefully missing is graceful / sexy lines. Guess I’m just more old school but they kind of look like a cross between a multi-species and bass boat. The side profile is really bulky IMHO. The Ranger “Z” series are far and away better looking. I also don’t understand the 20’-11” length on the VX20. A straight up 20’-0” rig w/ 250 hp would have been enticing.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

5. Member
    I don't know yet. Love the layout and features. I have a couple years to monitor and see if it is the new king of the hill for tournament fishing.

6. Captain Paul
    When it comes to buying a new, unproven item...its best to try out a new razor on somebody else's face.
    I'll keep my Z22!
    RangerBasser
    Captain Paul, USCG Captain
    Merchant Marine XO

Ranger Z22 Comanche
    Mercury 300XS Racing

7. Member
    I went to the Classic yesterday to see Connie Hill about the colors for the new Ranger I am ordering. Went by the Vexus booth and took a look at their new model. There were some things I liked such as the center locker having room for tackle under the rod tubes. Overall storage in the boat is increased in the boat because of a deeper V. I didn't like looks of the boat with the single color paint and large raised emblems on the side. Nothing I saw from them changed my mind about my purchase.

8. Member
    I have been waiting to pull the trigger on a 520L.. I was just curious to see what Vexus would produce, as stated above, it has a lot of nice features designed into it.
    I'm sure it will be a great performing bass boat, but I imagined a better looking rig also. I'm not bashing Vexus by any means, but the design does nothing for me. I have always wanted a Ranger and this will be my first one, it was pretty easy to make my decision on what to get. It will be interesting to see how the VX performs, but its hard to go wrong with a Ranger.

9. Member
    I’m very impressed with the Vexus VX!! I want to see one in the water and crawl threw one before I’m totally sold on it. How it performs with the trol motor down is the most important feature to me.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

10. Member
    Seems to have some Ranger lines in the profile, but agree it looks fatter in the middle which I guess provides for the deeper storage. Like some of the features and storage, wider deck. I'm sure just like the G2 and New Merc it will grow on the consumers, just a lot of change at one time for a lot of people. Biggest questions for me will be quality of construction methods, quality control in construction, how they hold up, and how it rides and fishes. From the looks of the pics on the water it sits you higher, pros and cons on that. At least it is another option for consumers, competition is always good and benefits the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Lane View Post
    I want to see one in the water and crawl threw one before I’m totally sold on it. How it performs with the trol motor down is the most important feature to me.
    Feel the same..could easily go in a new direction next boat..if there is a next boat.

12. Member
    Amen
    2017 Z521C with Evinrude G2 250 HO
    2020 RT198 with Merc 150 Pro XS

13. Member
    With the guys behind Vexus, I'm sure it's a top quality rig. The appearance/aesthetics seems to be hit or miss based on several of the comments and from those at the classic....way more miss than hit actually. I'm not a fan of the looks but maybe it will grow on me.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

14. Member
    I can remember the bbc boards were lit up with negativity when ranger released the new console design. Fast forward a few years and it’s grown on everyone. I suspect the same will happen with Vexus.
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

15. Member
    I bet she was happy to hear that!

Now if this ice would melt we could get the boats out.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

16. Member
    Luv my Ranger!

17. Member
    It had some intriguing features....like the live well....but I didn’t see anything that would tempt me away from my current ride. The hand/guard rail is a huge negative to me.

Every time I say, I think I’ll keep my boat or truck, I end up getting rid of it within months.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Every time I say, I think I’ll keep my boat or truck, I end up getting rid of it within months.

Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Stop that..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast