Solix 12 networking

I just got 2 solix 12s. I bought the ethernet cable to network them. I cannot get the two units to sync. The units see each other but will not sync. I have the latest updates in both. What am i doing wrong that it wont work?

2. Member
    when you sync the units, are you choosing the other unit to sync with?

3. Member
    Yes. Ive tried choosing both and its not working

4. Member
    Are you getting an IP address on both units

5. Member
    For some reason my front graph is seeing the rear one. But the rear isnt seeing the front graph now.

6. Member
    Yes i was. Now the rear wont seen the front. Ive restored to factory defaults. And it still wont see it

7. Member
    Robert posted this process a while back try and see if it works for your units.

Are both units showing an IP address?

09-15-2017, 09:47 PM
    If you DO NOT get a network tab to populate - hook them both up, and once they are fully booted and running, DISCONNECT both your Ethernet connections while powered, reset defaults - and shut down.

Power both back up and make sure they have been running several minute to ensure they are fully booted and they should be reset to defaults once again.

Shut down a second time - before you boot each back up again,reconnect the units and boot which ever one you were planning to be "the master" or unit supplying "the food chain" the most of the usable data 1st.

Again, let them run for several minutes and hit exit if any of them quack about any source found or lost - then go see if you can configure the Ethernet tab, if you are on very similar software (if not the exact same) version and do not "see" an IP address assigned in the system status tab(s) - it is possible the onboard NIC (Ethernet device) has failed.

Out of the box, you generally won't have a network tab until it has been Ethernet connected to another unit.

The above procedure "releases" a stuck IP address, it happens with PCs & Servers too.

8. Member
    It released the ip. But still wont sync. Ill mess with it tomorrow.

9. Member
    I had similar issue with 12 SI not networking with my two 12 GPS units after 3.36 software update. I ended up having to do a restore Navigation data as well. This will clear all your Nav data so backup before trying. I also fired them up and let sit for a few min. and then unplugged each Ethernet cable and then do the Nav reset and restore defaults on both. Then shut down and did the same thing for second time. Then I shut down again and once they shut down reconnect the Ethernet cables and power up and should be able to set up network. That's what has worked for me. The restore Nav data I have never had to do before so it was new to me.

This also helped someone else on here having issues networking Solix units. Bad part about having to do this Humminbird support didn't even know this as I was on phone twice with them. Had to ask someone on Facebook that does training and beta testing on software updates. I spent a full day trying to get them to network and then did the above and took 10 mins.

10. Member
    How do i restore nav data? Is that the same as restoring factory settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar76 View Post
    I had similar issue with 12 SI not networking with my two 12 GPS units after 3.36 software update. I ended up having to do a restore Navigation data as well. This will clear all your Nav data so backup before trying. I also fired them up and let sit for a few min. and then unplugged each Ethernet cable and then do the Nav reset and restore defaults on both. Then shut down and did the same thing for second time. Then I shut down again and once they shut down reconnect the Ethernet cables and power up and should be able to set up network. That's what has worked for me. The restore Nav data I have never had to do before so it was new to me.

This also helped someone else on here having issues networking Solix units. Bad part about having to do this Humminbird support didn't even know this as I was on phone twice with them. Had to ask someone on Facebook that does training and beta testing on software updates. I spent a full day trying to get them to network and then did the above and took 10 mins.
    I had the same issues and Cougar's process worked for me. The only other thing I would add would be to power up one of the units and let it get set, then power up the other one. However, I also did Cougar's process to a "T" and synched up perfectly.
    2018 Ranger 520L w/ Merc Pro XS 250 4S
    15" Solix console
    12" Solix on the bow
    Ultrex
    Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate

Quote Originally Posted by 2006triton View Post
    How do i restore nav data? Is that the same as restoring factory settings?
    When you select Restore Defaults, you get several choices of what to restore.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar76 View Post

This worked perfect. Did this step by step. Fired them up and they synced in no time. You guys are awesome. Thanks a million.

14. Member
    I had the same trouble. I just bought a Solix 12 MEGA SI Gen2, Solix 10 MEGA DI Gen2 and a new Ultrex with the MEGA transducer. I upgraded both units to the 3.50 version software update before trying anything. The main reason I bit the bullet and bought everything at once was to have both units sharing all information (something I have not had before). After several hours of trying to get my new system to connect and repetitively getting the "Failed to Sync Error" I was seriously starting to doubt my major purchase decision. Then I stumbled on to this post and the next day I tried what Cougar76 wrote and the system completely synced without a hitch! Why I had to do this with brand new equipment I have no clue but I am thankful and appreciative that guys like you take the time to post your findings and fixes when you come across them! I am relatively new to this forum but as I become more experienced with my equipment I will hopefully be able to return the favor and help someone else out one day. Thanks Again!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwade2000 View Post
    I had the same trouble. I just bought a Solix 12 MEGA SI Gen2, Solix 10 MEGA DI Gen2 and a new Ultrex with the MEGA transducer. I upgraded both units to the 3.50 version software update before trying anything. The main reason I bit the bullet and bought everything at once was to have both units sharing all information (something I have not had before). After several hours of trying to get my new system to connect and repetitively getting the "Failed to Sync Error" I was seriously starting to doubt my major purchase decision. Then I stumbled on to this post and the next day I tried what Cougar76 wrote and the system completely synced without a hitch! Why I had to do this with brand new equipment I have no clue but I am thankful and appreciative that guys like you take the time to post your findings and fixes when you come across them! I am relatively new to this forum but as I become more experienced with my equipment I will hopefully be able to return the favor and help someone else out one day. Thanks Again!
    Your Welcome. No need for others to suffer the same frustration and misery I had for a day and half till I figured this out.

16. Member
    Thanks for the info I may need it.

My experience is that solix are prone to corrupt Nav data. When the units start acting strange backup your nav data and menu data and then reset the nav data and restore defaults.

Real PITA and I’ve had to do it every 3-4 weeks.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

18. Member
    Dan, what are you using to edit your waypoints? Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Dan, what are you using to edit your waypoints? Bob
    I do all my edits on the unit. HPC doesn’t work well with solix data.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

20. Member
    10/4 on HBPC. I am already old and gray so I am not sure if I will ever see a Solix waypoint management program. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go