Thread: Price of VX20?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    What’s the average salary in Toronto?? Just curious how the average person can possibly afford a $850,000 mortgage
    That’s $638,600 US dollars. Still pretty high though, but I swear it’s the friendliest big city in the world. You just wouldn’t believe how friendly.

2. Member
    i dont understand how these bass boats cost so much. i run a 621fs with a 350 vrod and it cost about what a ranger 621l cost with a much less expensive 250hp engine. I don't get it. A 621fs has to cost more to build also. a lot more material. full consoles. etc.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by uwbadger View Post
    i dont understand how these bass boats cost so much. i run a 621fs with a 350 vrod and it cost about what a ranger 621l cost with a much less expensive 250hp engine. I don't get it. A 621fs has to cost more to build also. a lot more material. full consoles. etc.
    4 grand in power poles offset the difference in the 2 motors.

4. Member
    msrp on a vrod 350 is 11k more than a non dts 250 proxs. and i have two 12 talons on my 621fs.

its a 2019. and it cost LESS than a ranger 521L rigged with two 10' talons and a 250proxs. crazy. cup version in the 621fs.

carpeted snap out floors, full windshield, 4 seats (2 with suspension), etc. LESS than a 521L with a 250proxs.

i just dont get it.

and my boat less than than the new vexus 21'.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    New ranger z521 here at Toronto fishing show has a price tag of $139,000 plus tax. Cnd dollars. Oh and the local dealers are selling them like hot cakes.... in this day in age cost is not an issue. When the average home price is $850,000 in the greater Toronto area $150,000 for a bass boat is nothing. Lol

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by uwbadger View Post
    msrp on a vrod 350 is 11k more than a non dts 250 proxs. and i have two 12 talons on my 621fs.

its a 2019. and it cost LESS than a ranger 521L rigged with two 10' talons and a 250proxs. crazy. cup version in the 621fs.

carpeted snap out floors, full windshield, 4 seats (2 with suspension), etc. LESS than a 521L with a 250proxs.

i just dont get it.

and my boat less than than the new vexus 21'.
    I thought the Cup package was the same price bass boat or multi-specie?

Z521 Cup package 71k https://www.rangerboats.com/fibergla...anger-cup.html
    621 Cup package with 300hp 72k https://www.rangerboats.com/fibergla...1fs.build.html

7. Member
    Wow 87 k for the one at classic. I hope your joking!

70k would be more like it

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    What’s the average salary in Toronto?? Just curious how the average person can possibly afford a $850,000 mortgage
    the average salary in the greater Toronto area is around $58,000 a year. Very low interest rates, rich parents or rent. I have friends that make half what my wife and I make and live in a house double the cost of ours... sounds like a new bass boat owner but they not . It is what it is I guess, big issue up here government now getting involved...

9. Scraps
    Itsa joke. I actually got mad when I saw the prices from the Classic.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

10. Member
    I like it! People get mad about a brand new company that creates a luxury item they can’t afford. As if it was $15k less that would change the dynamic of their situation.

11. Member
    Someone has to pay for that new factory

Definitely not priced for the weekend fisherman.

13. Member
    I don’t think it’s just that people are upset that it’s a luxury item they can’t afford, that is a real generalization on people and their situations. I think people are more concerned about the direction in prices overall – from truck prices to boats.Boat prices in the last 20 years have skyrocketed, prices for electronics are ridiculous.I can buy a 50 inch smart TV for a couple grand tops, but a 10 inch screen that reads depth and side imaging is the same price?I think people overall are just concerned with the rising prices for everything – a lot of people you assume who cant afford a luxury item, probably can, but are maybe more conscious ofthe market and what options they have.There are a lot of great boats on the market for far less money, and even some that are more expensive, all depends on what you want really. This being said, this boat will sure appeal to those that are okay with spending upwards of 80K on aboat for fishing.But I assume that most weekend anglers – which is really what most of us are – will be looking for a more economical option.I think that is where some of the “sticker shock” comes from.Same people would walk by a similar priced Skeeter or Ranger and say thesame thing, it’s not just a Vexus thing.I wish all companies success, competition is good for the market, and options are good for the consumers.I can’t wait to see in another 5-10 years where prices are then – then it truly will be a luxury item that most cannot afford.It’s not a Vexus thing, it’s across the whole industry.

14. Member
    MSRP of 87K does not mean that is what it would cost at your dealer. Let's all wait for a few months to see what the actual selling prices come in at. I am not saying they wont be 87, but I kind of doubt it.

15. Member
    This market will bomb one day! People only want to know what a monthly payment is, not the total price. I guess their rational is, "We'll look good and go fast for $250 per month, sell with 2-3 years warranty left on the motor, and go get another one." They own nothing. There's not a bass boat on the planet worth what they cost now. A fool and his money will soon parts ways!

More is accomplished with a good attitude and a gun, than with just a good attitude!

16. Member
    I looked at a Ranger at the boat show the other day... 91,995...i don't see anyone boycotting Ranger over that... It's all about what options you want...

17. Member
    Like I said, it's not a Vexus thing, it's industry wide. Don't think anyone is boycotting, but maybe people are starting to see the writing on the wall with how prices are trending.

Quote Originally Posted by alax2869 View Post
    I looked at a Ranger at the boat show the other day... 91,995...i don't see anyone boycotting Ranger over that... It's all about what options you want...

I agree with you. I don't think they are outrageously priced at all. None of the Vexus boats. The boat is valued at what it is and what makes sense for Vexus to build a quality top notch boat and still be a viable overall business. There are plenty of people who will pay for these boats, they just don't voice it or complain about it. I heard it with my 1980, that it was too much etc etc. Still hear and see it. I honestly don't think so. My boat is priced right in line with the quality of the overall boat I have. Again, far from outrageous. Sharpen the pencil and match option for option with other top boats and it will show that the price point is right in line(within $3-5K) The intangible that you can't put value on paper is the overall ride, handling and build quality. That comes from the boat owners who provide feedback.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

19. Member
    For me the point is they are ALL too expensive.

Since 2000 boat/motor prices have almost, or more than, tripled. Can you name anything else that has inflated that much?

In 2002 and 18' walk-through windshield Crestliner Fish and ski with 150 was about $16-18k, I saw a SALE price tag on one last night for $47k.

In 2002 I got a Ranger 621 with 250 4 strike for $36k fully equipped. Compare that to $87k base or $93k loaded today.

So I don't see Vexus as being over priced, I see ALL boats being over priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormdunker View Post
    For me the point is they are ALL too expensive.

Since 2000 boat/motor prices have almost, or more than, tripled. Can you name anything else that has inflated that much?

In 2002 and 18' walk-through windshield Crestliner Fish and ski with 150 was about $16-18k, I saw a SALE price tag on one last night for $47k.

In 2002 I got a Ranger 621 with 250 4 strike for $36k fully equipped. Compare that to $87k base or $93k loaded today.

So I don't see Vexus as being over priced, I see ALL boats being over priced.

Tow vehicles. They have jumped up in price 2-3 fold over 2002. You can't get a brand new, loaded F250 now for under ~$70k. Probably a 1/2 ton is right there, I know the Raptor sure is. Many of these trucks are bumping up into the 80's and 90's, regardless of brand when you get into the different packages. Just like boats, there are trucks that cost less but you are gonna pay for the options and upgrades. it is where the economy has taken us, right or wrong.
    Last edited by Jonesslk; 03-22-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast