Replacement for my old Ducane gas grill - help

Looking to replace my 20 year old Ducane. Have been reading and thinking about a Char-broil 3 burner infer-red with a side burner. Anybody with experience ? Trying to keep it budget minded.

Have a large green egg and electric smoker so the new grill will be for quick burgers and such. Wish it came with 1/2 griddle.

Any help ???

2. Member
    I have had 2 of the Charbroil Infrareds. They do cook fine, but don't expect 20 years of service.

3. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Get a Weber Genesis. Fantastic grill.

4. Member
    Check out the Rec Tec Grills !

Are you wanting to stick with a gas grill? What's the budget? I've got the cheapest Webber they make. It's like the Spirit 2 burner. It costs about $350. I've had mine going on 11 years and it is still in great shape. I've replaced the grates and also the flavor bars, but still have the original burners. I used to cover it, but they all dry rotted so it's been uncovered for about 4 years now and it doesn't show any signs of wear.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    Get a Weber Genesis. Fantastic grill.
    +1 on this. Have this for my gasser and it's amazing. Hits 700 degrees in minutes and is great for quick cooks. Have the smoker for everything else.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Are you wanting to stick with a gas grill? What's the budget? I've got the cheapest Webber they make. It's like the Spirit 2 burner. It costs about $350. I've had mine going on 11 years and it is still in great shape. I've replaced the grates and also the flavor bars, but still have the original burners. I used to cover it, but they all dry rotted so it's been uncovered for about 4 years now and it doesn't show any signs of wear.
    That's the one I'm looking at for my next one. Good to hear a positive review. Am also considering going back to charcoal with one of the Weber kettles.

8. Member
    Weber for gas. I have 3 and wouldn’t have any thing else. Consistent temps across grates. If owned a couple real high end stainless that were installed in houses I built. They were very pretty busy couldn’t match the Weber for consistent cooks. Good luck JD
    2020 BCB Lynx 300 pro xs 4s
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

9. Member
    I also have a 20 plus year old Ducane that I had thought about giving up but when I found out Weber bought them out I went on their website and found parts ( needed burners) and just replaced what I needed. It's hard to replace a good Ducane.

10. Banned
    I would be looking at one of the CharBroil grills, but I'd also be buying a set of Grill Grates to go on it. See AmazingRibs.com for an incredible tutorial on all gas and charcoal grills and smokers.

you just can't go wrong with a Weber .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shasta Bob View Post
    you just can't go wrong with a Weber .
    Agree'd. I tried to replace a Weber with a cheaper brand and it constantly flames up. Get what you pay for saying is true in my experience.
    2019 Phoenix 819 ProXP
    200 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS