Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. Member
    20 minutes with a sawzall and four rubber caps for a chair leg will solve the rail dilemma for the haters.

2. Member
    I embrace the use of sturdy railings on bass boats. I guess my favorite Ranger of all time was the 373V with the paddled seats in front of each console. Family & fishing rolled into one. Wish someone would redo that flexibility into a modern bass boat hull. The 373V used railings from the console to the back deck. I’ve owned some nice Boston Whalers that used railings well also.

Railings have a long history in boating and I applaud Vexus for using them in a new way. The railing on the VX20 was a nice secure hold to lift myself up with to reach inside the boat.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 03-20-2019 at 08:41 PM.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bltnme View Post
    I have rarely liked the launch of a new anything, pick up, the latest Vette, etc. Same is true with this. It will grow on me I am sure. With the high top cap at the back and skinny top cap at the front my first reaction was Bayliner as others. That being said, other than the Bayliner being a Bayliner, it was not awful looking in its day.

I while back I saw a demo on youtube of a big ocean boat running with a pressurized livewell in rough seas with a glass side. The bate hardly moved. On Saint Clair/Great Lakes/Kentucky Lake- game changer. It will save fish for sure, and become the standard at the high end IMO. Save fish and maybe MLF will stop talking down to the rest of us every Saturday.
    Vacuum bagging gets the resin ratio down to less than 50% of the cloth weight, close to ideal and that's difficult If not possible in even hand laid glass. Better strength and less cracking, game changer(not that there the first to do it).
    Power pole deal, game changer.
    They have changed the game. If it can be done cost effectively, they will quickly be copied by (insert favorite high end boat here).
    If it is not cost effective, they will raise prices and not sell many boats in the near future.

My hope is for a retrofit pressurized live well for us who are happy with are existing boats.
    Thanks for bringing it to Bass Boats Vexus.

Enjoying the dialogue
    Can we all just please stop using the word game changer. For Christ sake. The instant i hear it anymore, I just want to throat punch the person that says it. lol.

4. Member
    I'll keep it short, I like the looks.

5. Member
    Noted and I agree, please replace with “trend setting”?

Revolutionary

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Vacuum bagging the entire hull is a huge game changer. This method will build a much stronger and lighter hull especially compared to a chopper gun that nitro and ranger uses. Hope they do well competition is a good thing.
    Infusion is a step above bagging.
    It is less messy and you get a more consistent great product. Its what many of the offshore boat builders are using.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    1999 Allison w/01 200 Pro Max
    2000 Dodge w/Cummins

8. Member
    Sclark, can you explain the livewells a little more? Do they have the same set ups as the offshore rigs that catch water as your running or do you just block the overflow and fill them up?

9. Member
    Hand rail would have to go.The piece on the side looks like something off a old Buick.Be sides that it looks ok

10. Member
    I had to think about it for a while .Looks like a Procraft

11. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

12. Member
    Like the layout of the boat .I like center lid for tackle you don’t have to move any thing to get to tackle

Gaudy gelcoat that don't hold up .....hmmmmm go back and look at some of Keith's old ranger walk throughs......

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickl View Post
    Like the layout of the boat .I like center lid for tackle you don’t have to move any thing to get to tackle
    Except for the 10 rods hanging DIRECTLY over said tackle....

I kind of like the looks of the rails.

It occurs to me that this, or a small rail at the bow of the boat might be a good place to mount a Livesight/Livescope transducer system.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianFLA View Post
    Gaudy gelcoat that don't hold up .....hmmmmm go back and look at some of Keith's old ranger walk throughs......

I could live with the hand rails I guess, but the terrible chrome logo and fake vent thing would be a deal breaker for me. That looks like something you picked out of the AutoZone sticker aisle...

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I kind of like the looks of the rails.

It occurs to me that this, or a small rail at the bow of the boat might be a good place to mount a Livesight/Livescope transducer system.

I know I’m in the minority of them, but I prefer rails on my boat. Always see post about guys removing them, the convenience they add and safety are well worth it to me. Sure are a lot of guys complaining about them though.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I know I’m in the minority of them, but I prefer rails on my boat. Always see post about guys removing them, the convenience they add and safety are well worth it to me. Sure are a lot of guys complaining about them though.
    Me too. Back when I had Bass Cat, which had rails, after the early morning bite would die, I would clamp rod holders to the rails and troll all sorts of baits. Watching your graph, you can really learn a lot about a lake doing this. Plus, caught a bunch doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I’ve used rails to hold a marine radio antenna when on big water/remote areas. Very useful at times, as the rails make this, and other equipment, removeable.

Those that criticize haven’t thought it out, IMO.

20. Member
    I think the way they arched the rail throws off the lines of the boat, it looks like an after thought, same with the sign on side of the boat. IMO if you removed both the boat would look really sharp, especially when they start having some combo paint schemes.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast