Thread: Lake Ohkissa

Lake Ohkissa

Anyone fish Ohkissa besides me? I have always enjoyed this lake. Fishing can be tough, but the quality of fish is outstanding and it just looks so fishy. After a month or so on Barnett is is so refreshing to fish clear, clean, deep water.

Robert / Flowood

2. Member
    I fish it a lot in the past few years, haven’t been in a while though, but boy do those bass fight in that lake.

3. Member
    Where is it
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

4. Member
    Homochitto National Forest west of Brookhaven. Gorgeous lake, you would think you were North Carolina. Tough lake to fish, but quality fish are the norm.

5. Member
    Fished it some after I retired 4 years ago, but got frustrated with a bite or two each trip. I think that people would be shocked if MDWFP surveyed the bass population.

6. Member
    Where is there to stay around there? I've always wanted to go but would have to make it an overnight trip.
    Camping? Hotels?
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    Where is there to stay around there? I've always wanted to go but would have to make it an overnight trip.
    Camping? Hotels?
    Not much for accommodations close unles you stay at hotel out on 55. Puts you about 20 minutes from the lake. I’ve done that.
    James Simmons (985)870-0201
    Stanford Baits Pro Staff Gambler Lures Pro staff Vector Hooks Pro staff Enigma rods pro staff
    P-line Pro Staff. Amphibia Eyegear Pro staff TH Marine Pro staff
    Woo!Tungsten Pro Staff Hoo-rag Pro Staff Sublime Wear Pro staff Crusher Lures Pro staff