2008 optimax 175

I got rear ended in November. And just got boat back new lower unit and trim.
    Now my water pressure is at 7psi at 4000 rpm. It used to be at 12 psi.
    I have a New impeller on it. And the motor was put bac in to the original spot
    it came from. Port side at idle is at 149 temp and stbr is at 143. That was with the ear muffs on.
    Any suggestions on my water pressure or temp. Thx.

2. Member
    Hopefully, I'm reading this wrong
    Do not run your motor up to 4K RPM's on the hose. Drop it in the lake and test it out.
    I'd Rather be Fishing

3. Member
    My boat was tested at the lake when I was at 4000rpm.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterfsh View Post
    My boat was tested at the lake when I was at 4000rpm.
    Whew
    Glad I read it wrong. I can be of little help here other than to suggest you give the pro's here your motor SN, and I'm gonna bet that they ask if all gaskets were also replaced with the new water pump first. You may consider that while waiting for one of the pro's to get on.
    I'd Rather be Fishing

5. Member
    The 2.5L forum (what your engine is) has lots more info, suggest you repost there and be sure to include your engine serial number (required in all Mercury forums). The only specifications for water pressure are at idle and WOT, anything else is just "in between". You should have 1 - 3psi at idle and 12+ at WOT. Your temps are correct as the 2.5L Optimax has 143° themostats, which may, or may not begin to open when on muffs (mine won't, water is too cold).

Two questions, Are you getting water pressure from Smartcraft or analog gauge, and does "new impeller" mean only the impeller was replaced?
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax