Exclamation Going to smoke a Sirloin Roast this weekend.

I am going to smoke a beef sirloin roast this Sunday. I am looking for good recipese as far as seasoning. I will be using a weber kettle grill.
    An tips would be great.

2. Member
    How did this come out? Sorry I missed the post I cook them all the time.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

3. Member
    Publix has these on sale this week for 2.99 lbs. I was thinking about picking one up, but wasn't sure what I would do with it.

4. Member
    Rub mine with Montreal Steak or Big Poppa Cash Cow, but just plain SPG is good to.
    On the smoker @ 275° till it's 123° IT. Rest in a cooler for 30 min. Slice thin, it will be a perfect mid rare with a slice or two of rare in the middle.
    I serve with au jus made from "Better Than Boullion". If you like it a bit more done then drop it in the au jus for a min or two.
    Makes awesome french dip

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

5. Member
    We like applewood steak and chicken seasoning that we get from a local Mennonite general store. I rubbed the roast generously with that and wrapped it up in plastic wrap for about 2.5 hours. Then put it on the grill for about 3 hours with a mixture of wet mesquite wood chunks and dry applewood chips. I took it off and wrapped it in foil for an hour in the crock pot on high with a little apple juice poured on top. I thought it turned out pretty good and the kids loved it which is really rare. I'm definitely going to do another one pretty soon.