Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    About half the post have been about adjustability, I don’t see the importantance I have 2d sonar for that.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    Justin with the All Aboard Transducer Mount I can offer you inside mounting as well as outside mounting so you can run both transducers at exact time in exact same conditions. They should be far enough away that they won’t interfere with each other. Let me know if your interested I can hook you up with a sweet deal.
    Any videos or pictures of them installed on an Ultrex?
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 V8 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by RangermikeKY View Post
    About half the post have been about adjustability, I don’t see the importantance I have 2d sonar for that.
    To be able to see “live” in front of you is great for tracking your lure. Forward down let’s you see “live” in front and below, and down let’s you see below. 2d requires that your boat is moving to get a decent fish arc and it is not “live”. Many have commented in YouTube videos that their 2d showed no fish at all on the bottom but LiveScope clearly showed them in detail hugging the bottom.
    Last edited by j791; 03-22-2019 at 02:56 PM.

4. Member
    The transducer they show in the release video looks just like the Garmin ps31....
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moetorola View Post
    I don't know guys the Garmin Livesight and Lowrance Livesight look almost exactly the same.
    A lot of the videos you all have seen for garmin were in the best of conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=1CvUoWfy4aY
    I have used mine in floods, mud, clear, wind, currect, ect and it just works..... period.

If there imaging was worth a crap the others would be in trouble. So basically the others still have a chance :-)

Well the vids shown so far are less than impressive.

I have no brand loyalty and just run what works best for me. HB Helix Mega, Garmin 93SV+ and Livescope and Raymarine.

The Livescope works great and is easy to use. Changing from forward to down is very easy on the water.

Images are much more defined than what I see the Lowrance showing. The Low looks more like the Garmin Panoptix.

Another huge plus is on the Garmin, the forward view not only shows forward but behind the transducer too.

I think several things will change before it is released..I saw a long line of color palettes that will probably be thinned down along with tweaking...I am not interested in this technology but I do hope Lowrance is successful with it. I still think there are some folks that like the hunt instead of the fish being pointed out to you by distance and depth.I am not a Sniper..

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    I think several things will change before it is released..I saw a long line of color palettes that will probably be thinned down along with tweaking...I am not interested in this technology but I do hope Lowrance is successful with it. I still think there are some folks that like the hunt instead of the fish being pointed out to you by distance and depth.I am not a Sniper..
    If technology made that much difference I would have been on the BASS tour. A flasher made a huge difference, the paper graph was a fantastic tool, SI changed the way I fish and DI stopped me wasting time. The LS is just a tool. I still can't catch them very well...... lol

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Wouldn’t that be genius of Lowrance, sell the hell out of a new graph in hopes of what’s to come and then the add on is a pile of crap.
    That's kind of a stupid statement. The LIVE was not created just to support the LiveSight. It's a much improved unit over the Carbon with bigger processors, a new screen, etc. The old Carbon can also support the Livesight too, so zip it.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    That's kind of a stupid statement. The LIVE was not created just to support the LiveSight. It's a much improved unit over the Carbon with bigger processors, a new screen, etc. The old Carbon can also support the Livesight too, so zip it.

Oh OK SteveS, I’ll zip it just for you. Like you’re anything important to the world.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 03-23-2019 at 08:02 PM.

11. Member
    We will soon know, but all the speculation is interesting. There are some contradictions but I suppose that's to be expected. Someone posted that the cone was 40 degrees. Can that be good - yes. Can that be bad - yes. Wider cones mean more coverage but less detail. Didn't we learn that from side imaging. The best side imaging has a very, very tight cone so as to get the detail. IF it's 40 degrees then you should be able to see your lure better, but the targetting, meaning you know you are pointed exactly at the target is more difficult. The Garmin PS31/21/22/LVS32 has evolved from a wider cone-less detail to a tighter cone-more detail. There is also the complexity tied to frequency. Again, we've learned from side imaging, or have we? The higher frequencies producer better detail. We've gone from 455 to 800 to mega. As the better detail produces images more to scale, the ability to see the lure practically disappears due to its small size and fish get down to a dot. We've also seen the range affected when higher frequencies are used. The first Panoptix were 421 kHz. LiveScope varies from 530-1100 kHz. LiveSight is said to be 240 kHz. So purely based on the specs, if they are accurate, LiveSight should have excellent range, you should be able to see your lure quite well, as well as the fish, but the detail will not be so good.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Good information, Leonard..

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    We will soon know, but all the speculation is interesting. There are some contradictions but I suppose that's to be expected. Someone posted that the cone was 40 degrees. Can that be good - yes. Can that be bad - yes. Wider cones mean more coverage but less detail. Didn't we learn that from side imaging. The best side imaging has a very, very tight cone so as to get the detail. IF it's 40 degrees then you should be able to see your lure better, but the targetting, meaning you know you are pointed exactly at the target is more difficult. The Garmin PS31/21/22/LVS32 has evolved from a wider cone-less detail to a tighter cone-more detail. There is also the complexity tied to frequency. Again, we've learned from side imaging, or have we? The higher frequencies producer better detail. We've gone from 455 to 800 to mega. As the better detail produces images more to scale, the ability to see the lure practically disappears due to its small size and fish get down to a dot. We've also seen the range affected when higher frequencies are used. The first Panoptix were 421 kHz. LiveScope varies from 530-1100 kHz. LiveSight is said to be 240 kHz. So purely based on the specs, if they are accurate, LiveSight should have excellent range, you should be able to see your lure quite well, as well as the fish, but the detail will not be so good.
    Good stuff. The thing about LiveScope is you have 3 different pre-set viewing angles...forward, forward-down and down. The forward-down position let’s you see in front and below your boat at the same time. Lowrance had to demo the forward and down view by using two separate large transducers...one on the trolling motor shaft and one on the bottom of the trolling motor ($2k retail). If you have a 3-in-1 on the bottom of your trolling motor, you cannot mount the down facing transducer...you would have to get a mounting stick. Really, the mounting stick with an adjustable mount is the best option so you could move it to any position and only need one transducer...as long as you don’t mind having to mess with a stick. Just on that alone, LiveScope has the advantage. This means LiveSight will need to have equal or better image quality than LiveScope to compete. I think Lowrance will figure it out fast, but right now they have some work to do.

Whatever happens here, it is going to introduce some stuff to alot of us that are clueless. I am sure there will be a big learning curve for most of us. I have my stick setup and waiting. I am not worried about adjustment to forward/down and think most of us will be using forward most of the time anyway.
    I do know one thing and that's that Garmin has opened another world for us. I have never enjoyed watching crappie fishing videos so much and I don't even do it. I sure am thinking about it though after watching all the you tubers. The ice fishing videos of Garmins system are phenomenal. They must be selling a sheetload of these things.
    We will see soon what father Lowrance has come up with.

15. Member
    Great information Leonard, thanks for posting.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Whatever happens here, it is going to introduce some stuff to alot of us that are clueless. I am sure there will be a big learning curve for most of us. I have my stick setup and waiting. I am not worried about adjustment to forward/down and think most of us will be using forward most of the time anyway.
    I do know one thing and that's that Garmin has opened another world for us. I have never enjoyed watching crappie fishing videos so much and I don't even do it. I sure am thinking about it though after watching all the you tubers. The ice fishing videos of Garmins system are phenomenal. They must be selling a sheetload of these things.
    We will see soon what father Lowrance has come up with.
    Yeah, like a new spotlight scan? ��
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    Good stuff. The thing about LiveScope is you have 3 different pre-set viewing angles...forward, forward-down and down. The forward-down position let’s you see in front and below your boat at the same time. Lowrance had to demo the forward and down view by using two separate large transducers...one on the trolling motor shaft and one on the bottom of the trolling motor ($2k retail). If you have a 3-in-1 on the bottom of your trolling motor, you cannot mount the down facing transducer...you would have to get a mounting stick. Really, the mounting stick with an adjustable mount is the best option so you could move it to any position and only need one transducer...as long as you don’t mind having to mess with a stick. Just on that alone, LiveScope has the advantage. This means LiveSight will need to have equal or better image quality than LiveScope to compete. I think Lowrance will figure it out fast, but right now they have some work to do.
    I posted a comment about this over on the Garmin board. Have a look.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

18. Member
    There's one thing everybody fails to mention. Live sight is 500$ cheaper than livescope! those two shouldn't be compared. Livesight and Panoptix should be.

19. Member
    . This will be next

Quote Originally Posted by jjjaymmman View Post
    Yeah, like a new spotlight scan? ��
    Ummmmmm....let's not mention that f up

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast