Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    I'm VERY disappointing, especially since I ordered a new Live 12 unit last week just for this. Not sure what is going on but I wish I had been at the classic to get an explanation from Lowrance. Can't believe that they brought this to market with that level of disparity to the Garmin.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    I always thought it was kind of a radar looking forward and you could tell exactly where a fish was
    Almost like Downscan but out in front. A "live" Downscan.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjaymmman View Post
    Humm... so you need to spend $2,000 (if you have a live unit) to support both forward and down livesight. Or get a Garmin setup for about $2,000 and get both down and forward from one transducer....
    I see this comment by several people on various forums, not sure were the info came from. Especially if the garmin transducer install manual is read, it clearly shows the transducer must be moved for forward or down.

The lowrance Livesight trans does down AND forward from one transducer, as does the garmin trans.
    In either case Lowrance OR Garmin you have to manually adjust transducer for forward or down.

For Lowrance it is not as simple as flipping the transducer down like the garmin, currently. I suspect Lowrance will be coming out with a flip mount or a transducer bracket manufacturer may come out with one.

Even if an aftermarket manufacturer made a pricey bracket to allow the LiveSight transducer to adjust from forward to down, how would you mount it? If you mounted it on the trolling motor shaft, then the trolling motor and prop would be in the way when the LiveSight was facing down. You would need a separate mounting pole to allow you to face down without obstruction. Maybe you could make a bracket that mounts to the side of the trolling motor shaft, but considering the LiveSight transducer is so wide, the offset would be substantial...and look really goofy. I suspect this is why Lowrance was forced to include 3 non-adjustable mounting brackets. You “must” mount it on the shaft for forward view, you “must” mount it on the stern or bottom of the trolling motor for down view. They already have mounting poles that may work as long as you also had an adjustable mounting bracket. Even when this is figured out, you still have the poor image quality issue. All this for 1k...more if you have a Carbon.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleGazoo View Post
    Almost like Downscan but out in front. A "live" Downscan.
    Thanks. That helped.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

meh.....hopefully if Lowrance continues down this path the second generation of said "live sight" will be competitive. This is NOT competitive...will stick with my carbon and gen3 for a while. Show me where the fish are and I will catch them. Don't need something that looks like ultrasound to show me a fish blob (expensive blob) attacking my bait.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    Even if an aftermarket manufacturer made a pricey bracket to allow the LiveSight transducer to adjust from forward to down, how would you mount it? If you mounted it on the trolling motor shaft, then the trolling motor and prop would be in the way when the LiveSight was facing down. You would need a separate mounting pole to allow you to face down without obstruction. Maybe you could make a bracket that mounts to the side of the trolling motor shaft, but considering the LiveSight transducer is so wide, the offset would be substantial...and look really goofy. I suspect this is why Lowrance was forced to include 3 non-adjustable mounting brackets. You “must” mount it on the shaft for forward view, you “must” mount it on the stern or bottom of the trolling motor for down view. They already have mounting poles that may work as long as you also had an adjustable mounting bracket. Even when this is figured out, you still have the poor image quality issue. All this for 1k...more if you have a Carbon.
    Wouldn't this also be true for the Garmin transducer if mounted on the trolling motor? And yet they have a simple pivot bracket to allow forward or down imaging just by rotating the transducer. Its not rocket science someone will figure it out with some basic thinking.

The LiveScope transducer is much smaller and narrower. This allows it to be mounted on the side of the shaft thus avoiding any issues. Lowrance could have easily made an adjustable bracket, the reason they didn’t is because the design is too wide and wouldn’t work.

45021D76-B328-4BE5-84EC-D6FDD30C0E93.jpegEBC48CE7-BF11-4E14-826B-4FA75E90A7B3.jpeg
    Last edited by j791; 03-19-2019 at 01:40 AM.

9. Member
    I'm pretty sure mounting it to the side of the shaft would work just fine with proper mount.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pbird View Post
    I'm VERY disappointing, especially since I ordered a new Live 12 unit last week just for this. Not sure what is going on but I wish I had been at the classic to get an explanation from Lowrance. Can't believe that they brought this to market with that level of disparity to the Garmin.
    Lowrance has not brought this to the market yet. The software will be continuously improved until release (and also after release). Wait to conclude until you see results using the official release software.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbmitch View Post
    I'm pretty sure mounting it to the side of the shaft would work just fine with proper mount.
    You could, but it would stick way out and look pretty bad.

Soooooooo....on the TM down mount why cant you just tilt the trandsucer forward when you want forward view. Doesnt seem to be an issue to me.
    I am going to be mounting mine on a separate pole.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Soooooooo....on the TM down mount why cant you just tilt the trandsucer forward when you want forward view. Doesnt seem to be an issue to me.
    I am going to be mounting mine on a separate pole.
    I believe the thought is that the Trolling Motor will block the TD signal. I'm like you, if I get one, it will be on a separate poll mount.

14. Banned
    Wouldn’t that be genius of Lowrance, sell the hell out of a new graph in hopes of what’s to come and then the add on is a pile of crap.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuirus View Post
    Lowrance has not brought this to the market yet. The software will be continuously improved until release (and also after release). Wait to conclude until you see results using the official release software.
    So it's best to not preorder then.
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjaymmman View Post
    So it's best to not preorder then.
    If your ok with what they have shown so far then might as well preorder. He’s just saying the picture quality might be better later so don’t write it off yet.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuirus View Post
    Scuirus do you believe it will actually be closer to Garmin Livescope once released? I am not a negative person typically but I have to admit I am surprised by Lowrance on this one. They have really hyped the HDS Live units and the upcoming Livesight sonar. I was silly enough to go the HDS Live route versus saving some money and buying Carbons when they were on clearance. Now that I am $6000 deep in LIVE units I wonder if I made the correct decision.

18. Member
    I don't know guys the Garmin Livesight and Lowrance Livesight look almost exactly the same.
    A lot of the videos you all have seen for garmin were in the best of conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=1CvUoWfy4aY
    Last edited by moetorola; 03-21-2019 at 10:56 AM.

19. Member
    Double post

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullcreek View Post
    Scuirus do you believe it will actually be closer to Garmin Livescope once released? I am not a negative person typically but I have to admit I am surprised by Lowrance on this one. They have really hyped the HDS Live units and the upcoming Livesight sonar. I was silly enough to go the HDS Live route versus saving some money and buying Carbons when they were on clearance. Now that I am $6000 deep in LIVE units I wonder if I made the correct decision.
    I would be very surprised if Navico is bringing LiveSight to the market and not being par with LiveScope when it comes to sonar performance. Based on the experience with other Navico products I expect to see major performance improvements from now until product release.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast