Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    Correct, but just because they share the same tech does not mean both companies have perfected it equally. I can share the tech for a combustible engine, you could build a model-T or a Ferrari.
    I agree 100%.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

IMO the Garmin will always have a slight edge. No way they shared everything. Same as humminbird and si.

3. Member
    I've calculated the angle front to back, it's 110° on Livesight. Livescope 135°.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kunfuka View Post
    I've calculated the angle front to back, it's 110° on Livesight. Livescope 135°.
    Where did you see this information?

5. Member
    I already ordered mine. My thoughts are I don’t need enough detail to count the strands on a spinnerbait. I have several situations I see it being useful.

1. Tracking lures that I count down to desired depth such as swimbaits, Arigs, and spybaits
    2. Finding isolated cover such as brush piles, stumps, and isolated vegetation like cabbage
    3. Seeing larger follows on big swimbaits and Muskie fishing
    4. Tracking schooling fish after they surface and following them

From what I have seen it won’t have any problem doing what I expect. If i can get enough detail to trigger the occasional extra follow or see a fish here and there that’s a bonus.

I’m looking at a 9inch Garmin to go with my HDS Live 12 on the bow. The fact Lowrance was so secretive about this transducer and hyped it up for months...just so they can introduce a “rough” looking product is unfortunate. Did they hype it up so everyone would buy a Live unit with active imaging transducers...figuring most would have no option but to simply pay $1k for LiveSight...who knows. With LiveSight you cannot even adjust forward and down on the water...you have to mount it one way with no adjustability. Even if you wanted to mount it down, how would you mount it on the bottom of the trolling motor?...we all have transducers already on the bottom ..like the 3-in-1. I hope it turns out better than it appears but so far I’m a little disappointed.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    I’m looking at a 9inch Garmin to go with my HDS Live 12 on the bow. The fact Lowrance was so secretive about this transducer and hyped it up for months...just so they can introduce a “rough” looking product is unfortunate. Did they hype it up so everyone would buy a Live unit with active imaging transducers...figuring most would have no option but to simply pay $1k for LiveSight...who knows. With LiveSight you cannot even adjust forward and down on the water...you have to mount it one way with no adjustability. Even if you wanted to mount it down, how would you mount it on the bottom of the trolling motor?...we all have transducers already on the bottom ..like the 3-in-1. I hope it turns out better than it appears but so far I’m a little disappointed.
    If it was as good as Livescope but cost the same $1500, would you buy it?

8. Member
    I've never used the Garmin Panoptix. Looking at the video, I'm assuming that you can't tell whether something is to the left or to the right? But just how far in front it is? I always thought it was kind of a radar looking forward and you could tell exactly where a fish was

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Yep. I’m buying one or the other next weekend. Hopefully more videos drop this week. So far it’s a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Yes, the Garmin is $600 for the depth finder and then $1,500 for the LiveScope unit. Then another $200 for the percision Sonar over/under mount. Then you have to mount the black box...with separate power and run separate power to the Garmin depth finder. For the Lowrance, all I would have to do is plug in the back of my current HDS 12 Live and drop 1K.

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    Thanks for posting. That video further confirms LiveSight is a disappointment.

13. Member
    Doesnt look near as clear as the Garmin but it does look like it would have the same effect. You can see fish, structure, etc which is what it's for. Plus you wont have to buy another manufacturer to add to the mix. I already want lowrance and bird at both locations, cant do 3 up there for me. My only thoughts, and I will build something if i need to, are the transducer needs to be on a stick you can turn while spot locked. One that mounts to the trolling motor like a 360

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Doesnt look near as clear as the Garmin but it does look like it would have the same effect. You can see fish, structure, etc which is what it's for. Plus you wont have to buy another manufacturer to add to the mix. I already want lowrance and bird at both locations, cant do 3 up there for me. My only thoughts, and I will build something if i need to, are the transducer needs to be on a stick you can turn while spot locked. One that mounts to the trolling motor like a 360
    There are already some sticks on the market.

15. Member
    Last edited by kvdwannabe; 03-17-2019 at 09:38 PM.
    Outlaw Bass

16. Member
    Will LIVE SIGHT update still allow a multiple panel page? Example MAP/LIVE SIGHT

17. Member
    Humm... so you need to spend $2,000 (if you have a live unit) to support both forward and down livesight. Or get a Garmin setup for about $2,000 and get both down and forward from one transducer....

I've used Garmin's livescope on the water and, to me, it looks much better than this livesight video. I wonder if this livesight is a good investment? Time will tell... but I don't think it will outshine Garmin at the moment.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kunfuka View Post
    as I said, I did a printscreen and calculated the angle with a software ;)

19. Banned
    Better than the videos at the classic but we shall see.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast