Minimum Ramp Depth To Launch

Question on launching, my son has a tournament tomorrow and I have access to a private ramp very close to where we are starting out to fish. But, the ramp is in some very shallow water and as far as I could tell it isn't dredged out. I pulled up close to the ramp a few days and it's only about 2 feet deep as far as I could tell. I'm concerned about being able to launch then get the boat back on the trailer so thinking of launching further away. What's a general minimum depth to launch and get a boat back on the trailer, specifically an Eyra?

2. Member
    Too shallow for me in my Puma. You might get it off the trailer, but not back on, at least not with any ease and power loading. A good way to damage the lower unit and the prop.

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Too shallow for me in my Puma. You might get it off the trailer, but not back on, at least not with any ease and power loading. A good way to damage the lower unit and the prop.
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking. It's a decent drive to weigh in from either ramp so the last thing I want to deal with is not being able to get the boat on the trailer and definitely don't want to damage anything.

If I can back in enough to get the fender steps under water, its deep enough to power load it with no danger, I do allways load at full trim up though as it lifts the bow to match trailer angle better
    Thank You Leon Pugh