AVX2080 G2 prop questions

Anybody that has a 2080 with a 200 G2 try any mercury props yet? Im over 6k on my RPMs with 600 pounds of man and full gas and gear in the boat and the raker just doesn't carry that load very well (loses 5mph when picking up 250 pounds of man). My last boat did the same thing until I put a 25 tempest on it. I bought a 26 tempest and will test in the morning, just wanted to see if anybody else here has played with props yet.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

2. Member
    I plan to switch to a Merc prop as well. Was thinking about a fury 3 or 4 blade or maybe a bravo? Curious what you find with a tempest. I did do some reading on BBC and have heard a blueprinted raker ho is a very good prop.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icebound View Post
    I plan to switch to a Merc prop as well. Was thinking about a fury 3 or 4 blade or maybe a bravo? Curious what you find with a tempest. I did do some reading on BBC and have heard a blueprinted raker ho is a very good prop.
    I have a friend that has a 225 opti with a 24p fury 3 that I will also be testing sometime soon. The tempest always seems to be the best prop for anything IMO. My z185 ranger I had before this ran flat as flat could be with a second person in the boat and a 24 raker. The 25 tempest lifted it and brought it to life. I will be testing the tempest in the AM and will keep you posted.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icebound View Post
    Well the 26 tempest wasnt what it needed. RPMs are still 6k+. Speed was also a little slower with me solo. Filled the livewells and didnt lose any speed though. Let me know how you do with your testing.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

This is great and informative thread.

I leaning toward Vexxux 1880 when BRP release 135 EtecG2. I"m willing to wait another year. I'm boat-less right now.

Please, no more of that lame "in two more weeks" often said in Evinrude forum.

To me Vexxus has nice price point with these boats. Good luck with the props gents!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deepanchor View Post

I leaning toward Vexxux 1880 when BRP release 135 EtecG2. I"m willing to wait another year. I'm boat-less right now.

To me Vexxus has nice price point with these boats. Good luck with the props gents!
    I think that is the best fit for me as well.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deepanchor View Post

You will definitely not be disappointed with the 1880!!
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats