Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    Simple green and put some water in hull and then go on a long drive to a lake. When u get to ramp, pull the plug, let all the crap drain out. Put plug back in and go fishing. The stop and go motion with the simple green in the hull will slosh around and clean it out pretty well
    I can't do that without getting water in all my front compartments. Stupid basscat.

throw a bar of lava soap in the bilge area, it will clean things up fairly quick
    Po' Boys Milford Jackpots
    I70 Bass Anglers Team Trail

Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    Simple green and put some water in hull and then go on a long drive to a lake. When u get to ramp, pull the plug, let all the crap drain out. Put plug back in and go fishing. The stop and go motion with the simple green in the hull will slosh around and clean it out pretty well
    So, you drain all that nasty oil laden crap water into the lake?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beck125 View Post
    throw a bar of lava soap in the bilge area, it will clean things up fairly quick
    The actual bilge section of a basscat is pretty tightly packed because of the hosing and pumps. I'm not so much concerned about that area because it tends to stay clean. I guess I should have clarified that its the inside of the transom, fuel tanks, and backsides of the livewells that have gotten grimy. They are covered in what is either black mold or soot. Can't seem to scrub if off the fiberglass sections. Fuel tanks clean off fairly easily but then it comes back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12