65 degrees, 25 mph sustained winds, gusts to 40

yesterday's conditions. Interesting and sort of fun. Our course is so wet we have all the holes set up as par 3's with the tee boxes set up very near the cart paths to minimize walking. Mostly seniors playing. It was one of those days when the wind was a factor even when putting.

2. Member
    I'm in NE Missouri so we didn't get nearly that warm yesterday, but it's so soft and wet up here I would have only been able to go to the practice putting green and chipping area for some practice. I REALLY want golf season to get here. Long winter.

I hate playing in heavy wind conditions. It's not the wind per se and the effect on the ball but the constant noise from the sustained wind and gusts. I hate the constant noise of being in a wind tunnel all day playing.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    I hate playing in heavy wind conditions. It's not the wind per se and the effect on the ball but the constant noise from the sustained wind and gusts. I hate the constant noise of being in a wind tunnel all day playing.

I know now what you mean.... playing in the wind is just downright exhausting. I’ll play anyway.....it still beats work!! :)