Our new Champion 181 25th Anniversary purchase

All I can say is, its a nice boat with a few issues to take of. Needs seats, needs tires, needs trailer work from some rusting. A 2000 boat with 2002 150 hp carb, with and a Motor Guide Brute TM, and a Lowrance HDS 5 fidh finder.
    I was was planning to buy new tires for it when I got home with it. but less than 10 miles away, we were forced to buy a set near where we picked it up from. No jack, no lug wrench but I just so happened to pull into a local discount tool store just after the tire blew out. Had to purchase a mini floor jack, a pair of jack stands, and a 4 way lug wrench, only $75. Took tires off and was driven to a local tire shop by a customer in the store. $125 for a new pair of trailer tires, and with the tools and the tires and a gift of a $20 to the stranger for driving me about 20 miles round trip to tire store and back. Only laid out $221 in total. Then the stranger helped me mount them on and my wife and I took off for home 95 miles away. Then add to the mix, tornado warnings, and tornado sirens going, we had an interesting day. The Mercury is a 2002. It had been in a marine shop to have a new power head installed in 2014, and the boat registration was last done in 2015. Pretty sure it doesn't have much hours on it. It started instantly, and warmed up on the muffs, nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hankll; 03-15-2019 at 02:42 AM.

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    That's enough adventures for one man!!!!!!