Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Drooling....very nice combo
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

2. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobblr addict View Post
    First run out hit 57mph.....don't believe I'll see much more, but I'll let ya know....
    That's probably about where you are gonna be Bro. 57 - 60 w/ 60 being optimum conditions and loading. With mine tourney loaded I can cruise all day at 55 and for these hulls that is fast and and efficient.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

3. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    I love that boat. I saw one at the boat show back in Feb. Very well made boats. Congrats!

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

First run out hit 57mph.....don't believe I'll see much more, but I'll let ya know....

Congrats. You will get a little more out of it by lifting your JP. I have touched 60(GPS) in mine a couple times. Exact same boat. You will love it more every time you take it out. I know I sure do!! It is just an overall awesome boat. Vexus will treat you like a long term owner from the start. They are a great team. Enjoy!!
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Congrats. You will get a little more out of it by lifting your JP. I have touched 60(GPS) in mine a couple times. Exact same boat. You will love it more every time you take it out. I know I sure do!! It is just an overall awesome boat. Vexus will treat you like a long term owner from the start. They are a great team. Enjoy!!
    What number you running jackplate on.....right now I'm on about 2.25.......gobblr addict

What number you running jackplate on.....right now I'm on about 2.25.......gobblr addict
    Yea that is a typically around where I run. When running hard I am higher. I lift it up on my hole shots and then adjust from there. Almost zero bow rise.

7. Member
    Great looking boat GOBBIR ADDICT ! I am debating between the Ranger 198p and the Vexus 1980 also. Love the white color. I priced out both boats online, and pretty close to see upgrades, Vexus came in about $3,000.00 higher than Ranger. I was in both boats at the Bassmaster Classic last week, in Knoxville. Both boats on display on trailers, not in water. Check out a bunch of You Tube videos on both. Love the way the Vexus looks on plane. My only concern with the Vexus is how high the front end site when fishing, Trackers look the same, and cannot help but think in windy conditions it may blow the front end around ? I have been in boats that sat high, and you are constantly on the trolling motor. One other thing, did you find the front deck to be pretty narrow, front seat pole to gunnel is only 28 inches. Have find the measurement on the Ranger. Just seems tight where you stand and fish from.
    I have run Mercury and Yamaha, many years since Evenrude. Did they offer the 10 yr. warranty on that motor? The 3k difference in price is not my main concern, ride and fishability , performance are more important. Good luck on your purchase, look forward to hearing reports on thei site !

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m glad you guys are liking these boats. I will be making the decision whether to get a bigger tin or go back to glass in 2 years or so and these Vexus boats are the only thing that could keep me in a tin! With that H.O. G2 and that fishing platform....just an awesome combo!

I think 60 is right about where I was expecting fully loaded. I know Mark hasn’t gotten to do many props for the Vexus boats yet but I’m sure he can get the prop to perform more efficiently.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by ForeReel1951 View Post
    Great looking boat GOBBIR ADDICT ! I am debating between the Ranger 198p and the Vexus 1980 also. Love the white color. I priced out both boats online, and pretty close to see upgrades, Vexus came in about $3,000.00 higher than Ranger. I was in both boats at the Bassmaster Classic last week, in Knoxville. Both boats on display on trailers, not in water. Check out a bunch of You Tube videos on both. Love the way the Vexus looks on plane. My only concern with the Vexus is how high the front end site when fishing, Trackers look the same, and cannot help but think in windy conditions it may blow the front end around ? I have been in boats that sat high, and you are constantly on the trolling motor. One other thing, did you find the front deck to be pretty narrow, front seat pole to gunnel is only 28 inches. Have find the measurement on the Ranger. Just seems tight where you stand and fish from.
    I have run Mercury and Yamaha, many years since Evenrude. Did they offer the 10 yr. warranty on that motor? The 3k difference in price is not my main concern, ride and fishability , performance are more important. Good luck on your purchase, look forward to hearing reports on thei site !
    Couple things, having had a Tracker and a Tin Ranger, now a Vexus. My opinion is definitely in favor of Vexus, prop to prop. When you are on the front deck fishing, the boat is not as bow proud as it my seem. It is also heavier which helps. However does not hurt you in skinny water. My Tracker was like a sail and I constantly fought the wind. It drove me crazy. When moving along the banks the vexus stays true and the spot lock holds it solid regardless of the wind. I have fished 2 "well rounded" guys on the front 250lb/each and we had plenty of room. The ride is unreal, you have to experience it because it is truly like a glass boat. Quite, smooth ride and it sticks in the tight corners. The ride will not disappoint, that I can assure you. I am/was a Merc guy, however the 10 year warranty swayed me on the G2 and I am glad I did, it is a beast. The 198p is a great boat and I am not going to say anything bad about it, but the $3k difference is in the overall quality of the build and fit/finish attention to detail that the Vexus takes to build these boats. I have zero regrets so far on my Vexus. You have to decide on what fits you. Xpress is another solid boat out there. I looked at all 3 before going with Vexus.

That's one great looking boat!!

2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha SHO 250
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112
    Humminbird Helix 12 and 9

11. Member
    Thanks for the reply joneslk, my two choices are the Ranger and Vexus. Leaning towards Vexus, have looked both over, and the Vexus just has quality written all over it. I have a dealer who will get me a test ride this summer when ready to purchase. Good luck with yours. That G2 sure looks like it has plenty of torque in the videos I have watched on You Tube.

12. Member
    Very nice!

Only change I would have made would have been dual Helix 10's instead of 9's.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

13. Member
    Any idea if the Venus rides deeper in the water than the ranger? When you are on the trollin motor that is. I like being able to get where the glass guys cant

Quote Originally Posted by Jspeelman View Post
    Any idea if the Venus rides deeper in the water than the ranger? When you are on the trollin motor that is. I like being able to get where the glass guys cant
    Not sure what the exact draft is on either of the boats but I know that I got into a some skinny spots 1.3 ft and didn't have any issues.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeReel1951 View Post
    As Jonesslk has said, we are both very satisfied with the Vexus. I am short so I like sitting high in the water for flipping and pitch long rods! Yea it may be a little narrow up front, but I don't fish 10 rods on the deck all time so its not too bad for me either. The Evinrude Etec will throw you back in the seat, so quick, and quiet as a mouse if not on plane.

I did get the 10yr warranty, free....The lift on the boat is phenomenal, almost scary! In rough water, as was when I tried it out, well, sales guy took me a ride, it bust those 15-20mph waves like nothing, and really made a believer out me of the solidness of the aluminum fiberglass infused hull. He just trimmed it up, got on top of the chop and actually put tears in my ears that day!

I love my Ranger RT188, but there's quality inside and out that VExus has built in, that Ranger aluminum doesn't, YET! All boxes and livewells are exactly as fiberglass rigs. I will expand on my experiences as they happen!
    Hope you can make that hard decision! gobblr addict

16. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Very nice boat!
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

Very impressive! Cograts!

18. Member
    Thanks for the info Jonesslk.

19. Member
    Sweet ride!

20. Member
    what is your prop to pad height?