Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LOL - Le’Veon Bell

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...ting-out-2018/

What a dumbass.......basically lost $19MM by not signing with the Steelers last year....

Hope the weed was worth it!

Although - he’s still got $26M coming his way, which is more than I’ll ever make. I guess he’ll be OK.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

2. Member
    Moron

3. Member
    In 10 years he will be broke.

4. Member
    Yeah he definitely didn’t get what he was wanting. Good for him

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    In 10 years he will be broke.

I will take the under on that bet.
    Ranger Forever

Congrats to James Conner...the real winner here!!!

His boys would have broken him less than 8 years

Been one crazy signing season !!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbass View Post
    Congrats to James Conner...the real winner here!!!
    Yep. Seems like he is head on a little better too..

10. Member
    They make a lot of assumptions on Bell's health and being on the Steelers to get to those numbers. All that matters to players is guaranteed money. He got more guaranteed money from the Jets.

But there is no guarantee on a franchise tag so he did win just not as much as he wanted to .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...ting-out-2018/

What a dumbass.......basically lost $19MM by not signing with the Steelers last year....

Hope the weed was worth it!

Although - he’s still got $26M coming his way, which is more than I’ll ever make. I guess he’ll be OK.
    What weed? Frankly it’s a year less wear on his freakish body. Hate much? WTF!?

Nick N
    Catch 5, Keep'em alive!

13. Member
    Haven’t been active here in a bit. I see the FACEBOOK type negativity didn’t change. The man has a well above average contract and a lot left in the tank. How anything negative can be dwelled On is well....purely AMERICAN.

Nick N
    Catch 5, Keep'em alive!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanl View Post
    They make a lot of assumptions on Bell's health and being on the Steelers to get to those numbers. All that matters to players is guaranteed money. He got more guaranteed money from the Jets.
    He will never make back 19million which was also guaranteed If he would have played and kicked ass HE WOULD HAVE MADE WAY MORE.
    If he got hurt he really only lost 7 million.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos xl NC View Post
    He will never make back 19million which was also guaranteed If he would have played and kicked ass HE WOULD HAVE MADE WAY MORE.
    If he got hurt he really only lost 7 million.
    He could have made way more if everything goes according to CBS plan in that arricle. Not, he would have. In guaranteed money he won. In a sport where you could easily get injured and never play another down, guaranteed money talks. It's the same reason Brown wanted out. He had no guaranteed money left in his three year contract. The Steelers are going to need to change their ways when it comes to contracts.

16. Member
    Wonder if Latrell Spreewell was his advisor.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CATCHEM View Post
    What weed? Frankly it’s a year less wear on his freakish body. Hate much? WTF!?

Nick N
    Triggered much?

18. Member
    He could have made way more if everything goes according to CBS plan in that arricle. Not, he would have. In guaranteed money he won. In a sport where you could easily get injured and never play another down, guaranteed money talks. It's the same reason Brown wanted out. He had no guaranteed money left in his three year contract. The Steelers are going to need to change their ways when it comes to contracts.
    Actually the amounts of money these players are making is insane and the majority of them if it were not for football would be working at the local car wash or Mickey D's if it were not for football. I cannot understand how the owners of these teams ever let the salaries get so out of control to begin with.

I also do not understand why that when a contract is agreed to between a team and an owner why those contracts are not binding on both parties for the amount and duration of the full contract. I can understand the trading of players to a different team but a team just releasing a player or a player just refusing to play under his contract and then being allowed to go play somewhere else under a different contract should be against league rules.

You are not telling me that if the league set a maximum on a players salary of say 5 million dollars a year including all bonuses that 99.9% of these players would still not play as they can not make that kind of money doing anything else.

It is not a Steeler problem but a league problem in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by v_fourmax View Post
    Actually the amounts of money these players are making is insane and the majority of them if it were not for football would be working at the local car wash or Mickey D's if it were not for football. I cannot understand how the owners of these teams ever let the salaries get so out of control to begin with.

I also do not understand why that when a contract is agreed to between a team and an owner why those contracts are not binding on both parties for the amount and duration of the full contract. I can understand the trading of players to a different team but a team just releasing a player or a player just refusing to play under his contract and then being allowed to go play somewhere else under a different contract should be against league rules.

You are not telling me that if the league set a maximum on a players salary of say 5 million dollars a year including all bonuses that 99.9% of these players would still not play as they can not make that kind of money doing anything else.

It is not a Steeler problem but a league problem in my opinion.
    You are speaking as if this is reality....it’s not. Salaries increased because revenues increased, so the people responsible for those increased revenues (and profits to,the owners) got their due. Pretty simple.

That at is not Accurate.....

he was getting 33 over 2 in Pittsburgh and 45 over 3. That contract was not changing ful 3 years. That’s the way the Steelers do things.

Heck they made Antonio Brown the highest paid receiver in the league twice

they just resigned free agent Ryan Shazier for the upcoming season and we all know he’s not playing.

The Steelers are a class organization and AB & LB are fools that will NEVER be as good as the once were.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast