Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinF View Post
    My wife is a wacky rig pro.

She uses a piece of crap combo with no-name 10# braid and sometimes a leader. But always uses Yamamoto Senko.
    You need to be on the rear deck, on your smart phone texting, checking email, and surfing your favorite facebook pages.
    Later in the day you will need to be having some sort of adult beverage with a floppy sun hat on and listening to the latest country music. Maybe even taking a nap.
    Out fishes me all day long...

Attachment 356469
    Love it!! Keep her in the back, if she ever gets the front you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    well that could be why my dropshot catch rate plummeted since last year thanks for the heads up! Looks like I’ll be buying seaguar or sunline for my finesse rods!
    Sniper is great for that purpose! Not the most abrasion resistant if you're going to be dragging something in rocks, but it's got excellent knot strength, the perfect amount of stretch for use as a leader, and is overall awesome for finesse stuff. I fish the 7 lb on my drop shot, Neko, and Ned rigs. Multiple times I've gotten a drop shot wrapped up in something and pulled the boat sideways breaking it off. I give it a lot of credit for turning me into a competent drop shot fisherman.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by detroit1 View Post
    My senko rod is basically the same as my dropshot rod. (spinning) I went with yellow 15# p/p last year and liked it. I tie on a swivel and then floro leader about 6' long. Works for me.
    swivel goes thru your guides?

4. Member
    Well, no it doesn't go thru your tip. That's why my leader starts out at only 6' long. Gotta be carefull or you will bust out the tip
    's insert. (it happened, but only once.) I use quality Spro black swivels. I have tried small ones that Would pass thru the tip, but wasn't too thrilled with them. Now I use one too big to pass thru,and the yellow braid is easy to see so you know when to stop reeling.
    Wave Therapy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12