Has anyone been pond fishing in central FL?

I'll be down in the Kissimmee area in about a week and was wondering how the pond bite is doing?
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

2. Member
    Nobody goes pond fishing?
    Last edited by born 2 fish; 03-16-2019 at 10:31 AM.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

3. Member
    Used to. Lot of places are hard to get to now with all the new construction and fences going up around every single body of water. Then others have been so flooded for years now you can’t access them
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

4. Member
    I was kind of wondering about shore fishing opportunities as well. I'll be in Orlando with the family. I can't really afford to get a guide, but would love to be able to get a few casts in if it's possible.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    I was kind of wondering about shore fishing opportunities as well. I'll be in Orlando with the family. I can't really afford to get a guide, but would love to be able to get a few casts in if it's possible.
    When are you going to be there?
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

6. Member
    Two assumptions you can make here in Florida; there are fish in just about every body of water and every body of water has gators in it. If you can safelyget to the bank of ponds they are worth a shot

7. Member
    The ponds off the highways and Interstates are good to fish too. Used to jump fences off the 429 to fish private pods in the middle of nowhere. Loaded with aggressive bass
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L&B200M View Post
    Two assumptions you can make here in Florida; there are fish in just about every body of water and every body of water has gators in it. If you can safelyget to the bank of ponds they are worth a shot
    After the winter we've had here, I'll take my chances with the gators!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L&B200M View Post
    Two assumptions you can make here in Florida; there are fish in just about every body of water and every body of water has gators in it. If you can safely get to the bank of ponds they are worth a shot
    Gators in our ponds/lakes are not a problem 99.999999999% of the time. People are boating, wading, fishing, jet-sking, sunbathing, swimming, hanging by the water etc all over the state every day of the year. Millions of people!!! You rarely if ever hear of a problem and when there is a problem you can be sure it makes national news. So don't do something incredibly stupid like let your 2 year old child wade in ankle deep water and you won't have to worry about it. Gators will usually not want to be around a full grown adult and I say that from experience.

And yes there's bass all over the place and in Orlando there's thousands of ponds. Just grab some senkos and cast around you will catch some.

10. Member
    Yea gators are generally just as scared of us as we are of them.... I'd be more worried about the snakes

11. Member
    I hate snakes luckily the ponds I'll be fishing are well landscaped subdivision ponds with nice cut grass. hopefully I'll see any snakes before I get to close.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    I hate snakes luckily the ponds I'll be fishing are well landscaped subdivision ponds with nice cut grass. hopefully I'll see any snakes before I get to close.
    Yea those ponds are nice, but usually the most pressured also. I like finding them ones that are not manicured lol

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    Yea those ponds are nice, but usually the most pressured also. I like finding them ones that are not manicured lol
    Im sure those would be fun to fish but for me not being familiar with the area I'll keep it simple.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

14. Banned
    You can rent BassTrackers™ at Turkey Lake Park

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...o_Florida.html

15. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I go pond fishing just about daily, and I got a tin because I prefer smaller bodies of water. In the last week a few of my golf course ponds have had a horrendous algae bloom! It has to be runoff from them getting the courses ready for spring. I’m worried because I’ve pulled many 8+ out of these ponds and I’m worried there will be a fish kill.

Theyre starting to school up in my little ponds, mainly the 2-3lb males that were guarding beds and they’re feasting right now! Topwater are killing morning and night even on slick calm water and zero cover. Makes for a lot of fun.

The big girls are starting to hit as well, had an 8+ on a KVD 1.5 and an 8+ on a 5” swimbait on a weighted hook in the last 10 days. Once this cold weather let’s up (Sunday I hope) I think they’re going to turn ON!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV