What's Charger Building

Are they building any 496/596 at all, or mostly 198 and 210? Just wondering since I see almost nothing about 496/596.

2. Member
    They must have thrown away the molds for the 496 and 596! I saw 2 dealers had a 186 in stock, but everything is the 198 and 210. We have all said that if you don't update them, there is no sense in buying a new one, but that seems to fall on deaf ears. In all honesty, the 198 and 210 are pretty old designs too - 10+ years.

It must cost a lot of money to update molds. The only thing I see that needs to be done to the 496/596 is a console that will hold at least a 10" unit, drink and tool holders, and a decent console between the seats that have drink holders and a small storage space...that's about all I can think of..y'all's ideas? I'd love to have some drink and tool holders on my 596, only drink holder I have is the flip out on the passenger side.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Mine came with a drink and storage tray under driver console and I add the one at the bow,the thing with the 596 that needs most is the width at front make that 65 inches at trolling motor pedal which is very easy to do just cut the top cap down 3 inches on both sides that’s 6 more inches from stern to bow and a center storage lid that has full storage of the deck instead of the two divided boxes.The back deck on the 596 is perfect don’t mess with that .
    The hull is perfect,the top cap mold would be nothing to update as far as cost goes.And of course 45,000 out the door!
    And bigger console....

The width at the front would be nice but not a deal breaker for me. I would however see where a lot of folks would like that, it does get a little crowded up there with several rods out.

Does anyone have any pics where you have added aftermarket drink and tool holders on their Charger?

6. Member

7. Banned
    Heck, they are only putting 7’s in the consoles of the 210 & 198.

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Yep Thay need to update that also

9. Member
    They have a TON of catching up to do!

10. Member
    I love the 6 series. I have said this many times. They have a lot of catching up to do. They need modular consoles, Glass dashes, (no plastic covers the fade and crack) like the 797, Better switch panel (like the 797), Fiberglass floor under the driver w/ adjustable hot foot, Tool & cup holders, Console between the seats for storage, and get rid of the access panel in front of the recessed trolling motor tray. I think this would be a good start. The 6 series has not been updated in almost 20 years. Still love the way the ride tough.