Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    i think each side of their brain has seperate memory - left eye right brain, right eye left brain.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I stuck a good fish on a crank bait and couldn't get it to come back several casts later.....moved on and fished other areas for an hour. Came back and several casts later she bit again......7 lb largemouth......

3. Member
    I caught one at Barren River that had just been released. The tx director recognized the fish and asked me where I caught it. I told him and he said unless it has a twin it had to be the same fish.

4. Banned
    They have to have some sort of memory or you wouldn’t have the crazy fish catches when a new bait comes out, and then it tapers off as the fish gets conditioned to it. The only way you can get conditioned to it is if you have a memory

Not so much memory in my opinion but "conditioning " if something keeps getting them caught eventually they will just sniff it.

I had largies and smallies in an aquarium when I was younger, they would chase a laser pointer for a minute one time then never again. I dropped a hair jig in (without a hook of course), they all ate it a few times then the next day only half of them swiped at it and then even a month later none would not swipe at the hair jig.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Not so much memory in my opinion but "conditioning " if something keeps getting them caught eventually they will just sniff it.

I had largies and smallies in an aquarium when I was younger, they would chase a laser pointer for a minute one time then never again. I dropped a hair jig in (without a hook of course), they all ate it a few times then the next day only half of them swiped at it and then even a month later none would not swipe at the hair jig.
    Do you not have to have a memory though to get conditioned to something?? How else would you get conditioned?? Interesting arguement to say the least.

7. Member
    My buzzbait and jig say they can be rocket scientists , but they cannot control there reaction to a well placed bait in there strike zone. They may be able to be conditioned, but they can’t help themselves from being territorial and opportunistic. They will eat my buzzerbug , jig and blade till I die.. they can’t help it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Do you not have to have a memory though to get conditioned to something?? How else would you get conditioned?? Interesting arguement to say the least.
    You can condition a plant.

http://theconversation.com/pavlovs-p...perience-69794

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post

10. Member
    This bass didn’t have much of a memory...or it was just trying to give Tak his lure back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12