Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    The unit I want to link at the bow will be an EchoMAP 93sv plus. I should have said that in the original question. Will the Ultra mapping link between the Ultra and Plus units or would I need an Ultra unit for the bow?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes Ultras will network with Plus units.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Great. Thanks.

4. Member
    But the Ultras cannot be networked with the XSV’s (7610, 7612, 8610, 8612, etc), correct?
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

5. Member
    That's correct.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Thanks. Really tempted to sell my GPSMap 7610xsv’s and pickup the EchoMap 126sv Ultras. The larger screen, higher resolution, and the reported increased brightness will greatly help my old eyes, and they would avoid the need to purchase the black box for the LiveScope system I was planning on adding.

However, I haven’t been able to find a feature set comparison between the older GPSMAP 76xx units and these newer EchoMap Ultra Units. Is there one out there? What features would I would be losing by ditching the GPSMap 7610xsv’s and going with the ECHOMAP 126sv’s?

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    and they would avoid the need to purchase the black box for the LiveScope system I was planning on adding.
    If you havent done your research, you still need the black box if you want to use the LVS 32 ducer.......you would only be able to use the LVS 12 without the black box.....make sure you research this prior to buying......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    Thanks for the clarification.

9. Member
    After doing some research I guess I have the same question rpr did. I have GPSMap’s 1042’s and I’ve been thinking about switching to the ultra units especially for the higher resolution. I’d just be buying the head units and keeping my GT30 and GT8IH transducers. I guess my question also is what would I be losing by getting rid of the GPSMaps and going with the Ultra’s?

10. Member
    The software for the GPSMAP units is more sophisticated and has more options. Can't say that I can name them all as I've not used an Ultra. First one that comes to mind is SmartMode where you can create a combo screen with linked presets for different purposes and have all that available with one touch.

Either way they don't mix using multiple units. For linking multiple units GPSMAP only links with GPSMAP.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    First one that comes to mind is SmartMode where you can create a combo screen with linked presets for different purposes and have all that available with one touch.
    That's one feature I wish the Echomaps had (that they'll never get!). I'm always changing my one-touch screens depending on the type of fishing I'm doing. I understand that the gpsmap will also change your gain and other settings as well with the presets. :-/

12. Member
    Yes. A Preset is actually a huge group of settings stored under a name you assign it. For me it would be Search-Walleye, Fishing-Walleye, Search Crappie and Fishing Crappie. Yes Gain is but one as well as a multitude of other settings including transducer source. The transducer can be anywhere on the network. For Searching that ordinarily means selecting the transducers on the transom. For Fishing the transducer source would most likely be on the trolling motor. Then on the Smartmode Combo screen you link that combo screen to the specific Preset group. Even better if you have the Force Remote or GRID-20 remote that has four favorite keys you can tie all of this to a specific favorite key on the remote. That's when it becomes a one-touch to change the screen, settings, sources, etc all at once.

Sure, it's a luxury item. But it sure does add to the fun of fishing to be able to switch all that with one keypress. It's a pretty big deal for me, especially this time of year. I usually start out walleye fishing in deep water (80-100 ft) So Searching and Fishing are very different. Then I might switch to crappie fishing that will be in shallow water (<40 ft) using completely different Searching and Fishing settings as well as different transducers. If not different transducers, then certainly different frequency, range, gain, and contrast settings. Of course a change is from Down to Forward on the LVS32 you still have to pick up the TM and rotate the transducer one click.

The Ultras have the favorite keys for switching to different combo screens, but settings don't get changed until you manually change them.

13. Member
    Smartmode sounds like a feature I would use a lot. Maybe us ultra and echomap users will get lucky and get it in a future update.

14. Member
    I doubt it. For all brands there are always some software features that are only available on the more expensive units. I've long thought that the feature sets ought to be priced separately, but that's not the case.

15. Member
    Does the

echomap ultra 126sv work with the garmin force trolling motor built in transducer?
    ChueFu Lee

Quote Originally Posted by LookingforFish View Post
    Does the

echomap ultra 126sv work with the garmin force trolling motor built in transducer?
    Yes
    Garmin Pro Team

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345