Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    One thing I missed going from HB to Garmin was the screen brightness and glare resistance. It appears that Garmin has addressed that with the ultra models as well.
    2015 Phoenix 819

2. Member
    So to be clear, the UHD-34 would require the GCV-10 to operate with a plus model, but the Ultra models don't require that, or is it the UHD-54 that negates the requirement for the black box?
    2015 Phoenix 819

3. Member
    It's the UHD54.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

4. Member
    What's the difference between the LVS12 livescope and the Livescope system? I have been pricing out a GPSMap unit for the last little while but would an EchoMap Uptra 106SV with the LVS12 work and have the same livescope as the Livescope system? That would cut down my entire setup considerably in cost!

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'm not sure if you can connect a Gt34 direct but keep in mind that the UHD 54 is both sonar and imaging......so you do the all in one or if you want sonar while on plane without mounting the ducer at the pad you will need the shoot thru and GT34 setup...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    I was getting ready to buy a new humminbird for mega imageing but I hate there 2d. How is the Garmin's 2d? I believe I will hold off for now.
    I had Lowrance units and never had good 2d (that was shoot thru style)......I have the EC+ now and the shoot thru i have is pretty dam good.....AND to be fair, i never bought a 3rd party chirp ducer for my Lowrance, it was their standard ducer.....

7. Banned
    Here I got all excited when I seen Echomap 12". I was figuring 1500 and gettin ready to order till I clicked on the link and seen 2800. WOW

Quote Originally Posted by MDBASSNPRO View Post
    Ring Fry - please confirm that you can run both P22 and LVS 32 on the new 10" or 12". It looks like you can. $2500 for 12" and no xdcr and G3 Maps ~~~ I paid that for my HDS9 with xdcr and no maps 4 years ago. $599 was still a great deal for the 93SV. Decisions , Decisions!
    Yes you can create a combo screen and view both at once.
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Sonar on the 93 is really really good have not seen anything better

10. Member
    Plus 93sv also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

11. Member
    Ringfry- can I control the new 10" and 12" from my IPad with active captain?

12. Member
    The Ultimate Connected Boating App

Built in Wi-Fi gives you access to the free all-in-one ActiveCaptain app, so you can manage your marine experience from nearly anywhere. It creates a simple yet powerful connection between your compatible mobile device and your Garmin chartplotter, charts, maps and the boating community. Wherever you are, you’ll have unlimited access to your cartography, the ability to purchase new maps and charts and access to the Garmin Quickdraw™ Contours Community. Stay connected with smart notifications2 on your chartplotter screen. You can also plan a trip or prefish a lake, and ActiveCaptain will automatically sync with your chartplotter. Even get notifications for software updates, and decide when to download them on your device.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    The Ultimate Connected Boating App

Built in Wi-Fi gives you access to the free all-in-one ActiveCaptain app, so you can manage your marine experience from nearly anywhere. It creates a simple yet powerful connection between your compatible mobile device and your Garmin chartplotter, charts, maps and the boating community. Wherever you are, you’ll have unlimited access to your cartography, the ability to purchase new maps and charts and access to the Garmin Quickdraw™ Contours Community. Stay connected with smart notifications2 on your chartplotter screen. You can also plan a trip or prefish a lake, and ActiveCaptain will automatically sync with your chartplotter. Even get notifications for software updates, and decide when to download them on your device.

SE Kansas grass grower
    This and Livescope is pulling me away from even considering Lowrance or Humminbird. When you can have a sub $200 tablet duplicate and control your fishfinder anywhere in the boat...absolutely incredible! I plan on having a tablet at the back of the boat, one inside and the primary headunit at the helm.

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I dont see anywhere in the statement from Garmin's website (from Ring fry) say that you can mirror the new Ultra on phone or tablet with AC.

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

16. Member
    Nice! But I am more in need of a Garmin’s Ultrex now.

Quote Originally Posted by JSU Fishing View Post
    So to be clear, the UHD-34 would require the GCV-10 to operate with a plus model, but the Ultra models don't require that, or is it the UHD-54 that negates the requirement for the black box?

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I'm not sure if you can connect a Gt34 direct but keep in mind that the UHD 54 is both sonar and imaging......so you do the all in one or if you want sonar while on plane without mounting the ducer at the pad you will need the shoot thru and GT34 setup...
    Yes these Ultra units are compatible with the y-cable and the GT8/GT15 in hull and either the GT30 or GT34
    Garmin Pro Team

18. Member

And it has a new and improved quick mount cradle.
    [/QUOTE]

Any additional information available yet on this new ball mount quick release cradle. I'm not crazy about the cradle on the 93sv.

Quote Originally Posted by JSU Fishing View Post
    It appears that Garmin has addressed that with the ultra models as well.
    Link please?

20. bash11
    anyone knows if this units (or older units like 7612xsv) are geofenced like lowrance?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast