pulling fuel tank

This weekend i will be pulling the tank on my 2007 21xd to replace my through hull transducer that went out. I have a new 1 ready to go. My question is can anyone tell me what other pumps to buy so i can have them ready to replace everything while i have the tank out? Thanks!

I always have 2 transducers installed in case one goes bad I can just hook up the other without pulling the tank again. If your livewell pumps and you bilge is workin I prolly wouldn't replace maybe upgrade to higher GPH.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Get the HIN# off the hull and call Tom at the factory. He can look up the original build sheet and tell you what it was built with. If they've been changed before, it's anybody's guess.

4. Member
    I put these in my 04 21XD. I used 800 gph units. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. Member
    I'd consider changing the livewell open/close valve while you are in there too. That is what started my journey of pulling the tank in the first place. And if you have the time and money, the conversion to the flow rite livewell recirc/pumpout system is soooo much better than the factory spray bar. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=232042

6. Member
    Have fun, I've taken a few tanks out, there're not that bad, just kinda awkward, but you need to check out all your pumps and stuff while you have it out, comes standard with 500 live well pumps, 750 or 800 bilge pump, usually I go to 800 live well pumps and 1100 bilge pump

Install mule tape to your tank while its out. Its that flat string for pulling wire. Put it under it, duct tape it to the bottom and tie a loop at the top. Put one front and back

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    I'd consider changing the livewell open/close valve while you are in there too. That is what started my journey of pulling the tank in the first place. And if you have the time and money, the conversion to the flow rite livewell recirc/pumpout system is soooo much better than the factory spray bar. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=232042
    Thank you sir!!

9. Member
    Be careful upgrading livewell fill pump to higher flow rate. I did that on my last Bullet (07 21xrd) and the livewell would overflow on manual fill if you did not pay attention because the new pump exceeded the capacity of the livewell overflow drain.
    2015 Bullet 21XRS, 2021 250 Pro XS 4s - 3B014359

10. Member
    I just pulled my tank on my 20 xd this weekend . It helps to pull it in the shade , any heat input to it like sunshine will make the tanks swell . I also pulled a vacuum on mine with a hand siphon pump , just tape off the fill and vent openings with duct or electrical tape and put the pump hose on the fuel pickup . I also noticed mine finally slid out after I removed the rubber trim from around the opening . Every 1/16 the of an inch counts

11. Member
    I also changed all of my pumps while I was in there , it had rather large bilge pump so I went back with an 1100 gpm bilge . I put the 800 gem fill and a 500 gem circ pump

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Install mule tape to your tank while its out. Its that flat string for pulling wire. Put it under it, duct tape it to the bottom and tie a loop at the top. Put one front and back

Yep. I duct taped a couple cordura straps around the tank the 2nd or 3rd time I removed it. Now it's now problem.