Thread: chine walking

chine walking

Hi all. Im new to this site and would greatly appreciate any help I can get. I recently purchased a 21SS with a 250 pro xs and it seems I cant get thru the chine after 65 mph. some say its seat time and i can only agree. But could it also be improper motor height,prop, or set back? I have been in bass boats all my life and the chine on my bullet is like no other. no doubt once I figure it out it will be a blast to drive.slight trim and its out of control. HELP

2. Member
    Take an experienced boater with you. You will save yourself a lot of time if you go with someone who will show you how to drive you Bullet. For starters, make sure your boat is balanced side to side and front to back. Make sure you wear your life jacket and have you kill switch hooked up. What is your prop height now?

Yea man you gotta get with somebody. Watch that chinewalk video on the setup forum. Left turns will help

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbro1973 View Post
    Hi all. Im new to this site and would greatly appreciate any help I can get. I recently purchased a 21SS with a 250 pro xs and it seems I cant get thru the chine after 65 mph. some say its seat time and i can only agree. But could it also be improper motor height,prop, or set back? I have been in bass boats all my life and the chine on my bullet is like no other. no doubt once I figure it out it will be a blast to drive.slight trim and its out of control. HELP
    Welcome to the Bullet family and this site . Best boat and people in the world .These guys know their stuff . I am still learning from them . Only wish i was closer to some of these guys . ><>

5. Member
    Welcome to the Bullet family!! Seat time you will hear a lot, but taking an experienced driver with you will cut down on the learning time, easy on the trim at first, take your time, it's not something that happens overnight

6. Member
    Great to have you join our Bullet family!!! How long have you had the boat? It does take time. Being a boat owner for years sometimes doesn't help much when you step into the top performance hulls. I can let buddies drive mine who have driven cookie cutters for years and I get a good chuckle when they take the wheel.. It is a feel kind of thing.. I can tell when mine is in the groove and can let go of the wheel running pretty good. Just hang in there, don't get discouraged. Take advise from folks on here. Now you got me wanting to go run my Bullet. Dad burn I love my Bullet.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

7. Member
    If you have to you can learn yourself , just trim way less than your used to and get some hours in the seat. Its like throwing a bait caster for the first time you think you will never be able to do it then before long your not even thinking about it just doing it.You can do it
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

8. Member
    First 60, then 70, then 80, then 90 and so one, it does take time, but it's worth it

9. Member
    Your trimming to much the SS rides flat

10. Member
    The best advice I ever got and I never understood it until it became a feeling was that you feel it in your seat before you ever see it. Also I was always trying to anticipate it falling off the pad and now I just turn the wheel and dont really know why other than it seems like I am supposed to. I know that sounds stupid but I am feeling it before it happens by watching the nose and feeling it ever so slight in my butt. I know I probably sound stupid but it's the best away I know to describe it. I am still learning but I have went from nearly hitting 70 and immediately having to trim down to putting up my 2 best numbers the last time put. 75 on Thursday and then 77 on Sunday. Hoping to bust 80 in the next few weeks. Both times the boat wasn't out of shape just seeing the new number kind of messed with my head and I immediately trimmed it down and cruised at 70.