Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Power poles! I have a Talon and I literally cant wait until the day when I get it back from the shop to sell it and get power poles. Trust me, MK will just tell you to get a hold of your certified repair shop and put the burned on them. I will bad mouth Talon every chance I get.

2. Member
    i have talons id go power pole just for there customer service im having a issue with one of mine and my talons are just out of warranty and minn kota is like go kick rocks your on your own. Just my opinion
    Last edited by ser68; 06-30-2019 at 10:50 PM.

3. Member
    Power poles are lighter on the transom compared to talons, correct? Because you can place the pump wherever you have space, within the limitation of hose length?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Power Poles are lighter to begin with about half the weight on the transom compared to talons, not only because of the pumps are mounted in the bilge, but the the poles themselves and mainly the brackets save you alot of weight. they are extensions for the hoses if the supplied 10 feet is not enough so your not really limited by hose length at all.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 07-03-2019 at 09:40 PM.

5. Member
    Extensions?

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Sunday. Hoses extensions in various lengths, some customers buy the shorter ones so dont have alot of excess hose in the bilge. Havent sold any to extend as cant see many applications where the supplied 10 foot is not enough.

7. Member
    12 ft Talons.

I like my powerpoles (8’) but they don’t have the reach. I know there are 10’ and 12’ powerpoles but then they stick up so much higher above the back of the boat.

I fish a lot of docks that are in 6-10’ of water and I don’t want to just hit spotlock because I don’t want the trolling motor pushing water under the docks. Many times though, my 8’ poles don’t get a grip in >6’ of water.

When I have a bigger boat and have the capacity for more weight I will go with the Talons. I went with poles for my current boat because it’s a small boat (17.5’) with a 125 HP motor and already weighted down with gear and batteries. If I keep the boat I may end up switching to lithium batteries and changing to Talons, but that’s a lot of money to switch over.

Don’t get me wrong. I love my 8’ poles in <6’ of water.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Actually Power Pole only Makes SHALLOW WATER anchors to 10 foot they do not make 12 foot . Obviously how deep Poles holds depends on bottom composition, rock mud etc but 6.5 to 7 is what I have personally found on 8 foot Poles . What you cant forget is the depth your graph says is not the actually depth you have to subtract for how far down your transducer is under the water. on a transom or trolling motor mount that can be more then a foot.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 07-04-2019 at 10:24 AM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Actually Power Pole only Makes SHALLOW WATER anchors to 10 foot they do not make 12 foot . Obviously how deep Poles holds depends on bottom composition, rock mud etc but 6.5 to 7 is what I have personally found on 8 foot Poles . What you cant forget is the depth your graph says is not the actually depth you have to subtract for how far down your transducer is under the water. on a transom or trolling motor mount that can be more then a foot.
    Great points. They work fantastically as shallow water anchors as they are designed. Just wish I had a couple more feet of grip from time to time. I know I am asking more of them then they are designed.

Weight, weight, weight. The z7 is going to become more weight sensative vs a z21 so be mindful of what and or how much stuff gets hung back there. I have a Talon and it is a bulky toy compared to Poles.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

11. Member
    I think the talon is a good anchor but looks alone is a deal breaker for me, not to mention the weight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12