Thread: cannabis

cannabis

I just thought I would mention the cannabis sector. Sometimes we assume everyone is aware of things when we are involved but it may not be true. If you aren't aware of what's coming in the world regarding legalization of marijuana and more importantly cannabis for medical use, you may want to do some research. It's coming faster than anyone anticipated, including those who are working in the industry. Look for an online publication called marijuana moment. It tracks every piece of legislation currently in America from local to state and federal govt. The big players in the industry will be Canopy Growth, Aurora Cannabis, and Acreage holdings. There are several more but you should be able to find them as you research. This industry will be bigger than alcohol and liquor worldwide, so right now is like being able to buy into coors or anheiser busch right before they repealed prohibition.

Aurora made a big run on Wednesday, hopefully it will stay. It took a dump a couple months back and hasn't quite recovered yet. I have made a fair amount on it this past year. Wish I would've jumped on it a couple months earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Aurora made a big run on Wednesday, hopefully it will stay. It took a dump a couple months back and hasn't quite recovered yet. I have made a fair amount on it this past year. Wish I would've jumped on it a couple months earlier.
    Fingers crossed! It is coming, within two years I believe these stocks will double.

4. Member
    At least double. Its going to move up and down slightly until it ramps up. stay patient, It will happen.

5. Member
    There is a viable market, also in many sectors of this industry. It's not too late, this is just getting started.

Until Aurora takes on a well-heeled investor partner it will struggle pricewise. Have no doubt that it will climb. What worries me is once all of the grow licenses have a full field of product the retail prices will begin to fall. That is likely 2-4 years down the road - but the weed shortages now are holding revenues short. Timing will matter. M & A activity will matter. But with such high dilution of value (Aurora has issued like a billion shares) it will take all of its international footprint to raise it over $20. or the arrival of a deep pocket investor. It's fun to watch. The only other player I am comfortable with now is Canopy....

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

7. Banned
    It's volatile to say the least. I've been in it for about a year. I was up 20% at one time, I was down 20% at one time. I'm about even right now. I have 60% in CGC and 40% spread around.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I visited a cannabis production facility in Canada last week with 1 million square feet. That’s a lot of pot! Very impressive!
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway